BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Scout

lol at gothammers comments

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by halon View Post
    I realize it'll take forever for the models, but in the meantime, I've seen DE players who know what they're doing run roughshod over supposedly much stronger lists. And the models have to be fairly close to being done, as that unknown model posted alongside the Space Wolves on BoLS a few weeks back had been at least 80% confirmed as a DE model. The only time we haven't seen a 'test' model like that put into production fairly soon was that squatty little head that was rumored to be a 'demiurg' about a year or two ago.
    That model has been 100% Confirmed to not be a DE model.

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by BeastsofWar-John View Post
    You know what would stop all this DE rumor stuff? CS Goto writing the codex

BoW- John
    Now that's funny!!

Thanks to Dosadi for providing a little level-headed and informative analysis of the situation. If the rumors are true that they are completely re-doing the entire model line, you would have to expect that it will take some time. For those who haven't worked in the corporate world, getting approval for one little decision can take weeks. Everyone wants their input and say on every matter. GW is a large company, and decisions are made by a score of people, not just one person. And with DE, you're talking about dozens and dozens of models, fluff, art, and (hopefully) game play balance. That's a lot of decisions to be made.

I understand that the waiting can be rough, but as a DE fan myself, I'll just be patient and know that things will turn out for the best eventually.

Of course, where's the fun in being patient?

Veteran-Sergeant

Default Hogwarts!

I don't think you all should worry yourselves over these rumors.

The last credible first hand information that I had heard was that Phil Kelly had just about finished the Dark Eldar Codex - that was over a year ago.

I had heard nothing about it being rejected. Who would reject it? and for what reason? He did an excellent job on the Eldar Codex, the Ork Codex, and even the Necron Codex. He is very talented and knows what he is doing by now.

I think Space Hulk and Planetstrike may have pushed Dark Eldar back, but would be surprised if they didn't arrive by the end of 2010.

The current codex is actually one of the hardest armies in the game in the hands of a good general... it's just the models are soooooooooooooo bad!!! The codex really only needs a tweak. It's the minis that need an overhaul.

Default the future

i can see Gw making the Warhammer 40k universe just marines....

Scout

That will be a SAD SAD day in the 40K universe

In terms of gameplay balance, 'crons need the update far more than anyone else, but the DE have been waiting for so long it's getting crazy. With any luck we might see something at the UK GD this month.

Chaplain

Guarantee you, Anthony, won't happen.
    Opinions are like aresholes. Get yours outta my face.. MindWar FTW. Bald and Screaming. Couple others...;) Learn something.

Scout

In 2013 I'll turn 49, and my oldest Dark Eldar models [Eldar pirates from late 1988] will turn 25. As I have many other armies, I can wait, although I'd prefer 2011. DE are sufficently different to Eldar to need their own codex, but I think that to the Imperium they seem about the same as other Eldar, and I suppose they could be fitted into a single codex- if one were willing to have a total [expletive deleted].

I'm sure your right TKE, but a guy can dream can't he? While we probaly won't see any models someone may be able to "interogate" Goodwin or Kelly and get some concrete information, again unlikley that we'll learn anything new, but hell, you can only do so many Imperial Codexs before they're all done, gota be Xenos soon enough.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast