BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Brother-Sergeant

Default Dwarf Warmachines and runes

Ok here is a fun question that was slammed into my face today!

Dwarfs can put Runes on their warmachines thusly making them "MAGIC WEAPONS".
    If I am a Skaven player and am using the Storm Banner, will it affect the Runic weapons?

Ny buddy says that now his war machines fire Magic Missles and thus are NOT affected by the banner?

I think I know the answere to this but I just wanted a second opinion! Is this a case of rules as written or rules as intended thing.

The way I WOULD LIKE to see it is: yes they are magic. But NO WERE does it say that they are MAGIC MISSILES!

In case you are wondering the wording for the banner is such "The banner can be activated......and missile fire is at -2 to hit. All non-magical missile attacks that dont use BS to hit their target need to roll a 4+......

Magic Missles are a Spell Class. So NO the Runic Cannon is NOT a Magic Missle but a cannon with Rune Bonuses. That is a Crap Play and Call

Brother-Sergeant

Ok so this argument literally did not let me sleep! No really its damn near 2 AM! Went and got me the Errata/FAQ and got it all cleared up! The Non-Magic missile part has been removed! Hooray!

Originally the runed up cannon/grudgethrowers were exempt from the stormbanner as they were "magical missiles that did not use BS".
    The skaven FAQ changed this and now runed up warmachines - and skaven catapaults etc are affected by the banner. This was changed specifically to prevent dwarfs shooting skaven.

If you put that rune on a bolt thrower that makes it strengh 7, does it make the bolt thrower have magic attacks for hurting Ethereal units?
    Last edited by bigman45; 07-06-2011 at 07:00 PM.

@bigman
    my interpretation is yes.

Once you put a single rune on anything its attack and the item itself becomes magical.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by bigman45 View Post
    If you put that rune on a bolt thrower that makes it strengh 7, does it make the bolt thrower have magic attacks for hurting Ethereal units?

Putting a rune on ANYTHING automatically makes it magical.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Castellan View Post
    Putting a rune on ANYTHING automatically makes it magical.
    This is 100% correct.
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.