BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chaplain

I just saw the movie. It seems odd to me that, fluff-wise, they had a 2nd Company captain other than Sicarius. Sicarius had to be Captain for several reasons:
    - This film is set after the first Tyrannic War (ended 745.M41)
    - It is still the 41st Millenium (as stated by Severus during the monologue over the title sequence)
    - Sicarius is still Captain at the end of the 41st Millenium
    They could have had Severus as some guy sent in the Captain's stead, rather than Captain himself. If that was the case, they could have mentioned that. Then again, this is the least of the oversights in the film.
    You think running with scissors is dangerous? Try sky diving with them!

Librarian

I think he might well be right, timeline-wise - the First Tyrannic War wasn't too terribly long ago, from the perspective of "current" 40K. Sicarius was promoted to Captain about 150 years back, according to Lexicanum (yeah, yeah, I know), and his predecessor is the current Captain of the 1st Company. So, if this fits in with canon, it's got some explaining to do.

To be entirely fair, however, I'm pretty sure GW and everyone else are very busy trying to pretend that Ultramarines never existed.

Chapter-Master

Because that's the biggest flaw with the film...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master

I have another strange query .... Why is this here and not in 'background'...?
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Darkstar View Post
    I dont think so the movie must be set after the ultramarines first encountered Tyranids "check the awsome stained glass window" in the previous codex captain ageman was leader of the 2nd company until he was made captain of the 1st company and sicarius took on the role of captain of the 2nd company so the events in the movie must be later in the 40k timeline at a point where sicarius is no longer captain of the 2nd company.
    Technically they'd also have yellow shoulder trim and red weapons if it happened pre-Macragge. But basically the entire movie is a complete and utter travesty, it is was just some random writer I wouldn't care but I know that Abnett should know better- really how would it mess up the story (using the loosest possible sense of the word) if they'd killed off the captain of a different Ultramarines company (or alternatively have a veteran sergeant or an honour guard leading them)?

Having said that on the large list of grievances that any reasonable person would have with the movie this it a pretty decent way down the list- it's just disappointing that the only thing I expected them to do well was the story seeing they had Abnett involved, the other failures while bad one could perhaps blame on a lack of money/etc...

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    I have another strange query .... Why is this here and not in 'background'...?
    It's ALIVE! ALIVE! good to see the dark art of threadromancy is alive and well

To answer your question Denzark i originally posted this back in Febuary when i was new here.
    "I Have Become Death the Destroyer of Worlds"

Chapter-Master

shhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiittt.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Librarian

Well, just hope there will be more 40K movies!!!
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar´s Gauntlets

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12