BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

I'm just glad that they are finally updating an army that I'm interested in. After painting 6K points of Dark Elves and finishing up the same in Warriors of Chaos, I'm ready for a new army to take on. I always liked the 'Tomb Kings' background but have never liked the models (Ushabti excepted..) so I never considered adding them to the collection, but now I'm excited to see what they do with them. I was about to pick a 40K army to work on, but it looks like I won't have to now..

Veteran-Sergeant

What do people think those 'sneak peak' pictures are of? I would think one of them would be from a new unit/monster and the other from an updated model. I know some people think the first picture is of a sphinx, and I personally think the second is going to be from a re-done Bone Giant.
    I actually kinda hope the don't redo the Ushabti, those models are pure sweetness.

Librarian

Well it looks like my Decision on a new fantasy army has been made for me lol

i think the sneak peek may be a new chariot.
    "I Have Become Death the Destroyer of Worlds"

Veteran-Sergeant

A chariot actually makes quite a bit of sense. If they are going to redo the skeletons then they have to redo cavalry, catapults, and chariots. Which coincidentally could possibly mean a redo/knew Tomb King/Prince box.

General consensus on the preview pics seems to be Tomb Guard pauldron/ Sphinx chest.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Cruddace is writing it, his first WFB book I think, and apparently there won;t be a plastic sphinx but some silly giant scorpion.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Albavar View Post
    I look forward to anything that isn't 4 editions old. (Curret book came out just before 6th edition).
    wrong. The book came out early in 6th edition and right now we're in 8th. It's same age as Wood Elves and Ogre Kingdoms... the 2 armies I play.

Anyway does anyone know what new stuff will be comming? I've heard no rumors...
    Spelling errors are free of charge...

It came out in the boxed army set nearly 6 months prior to the independent release of the book. This was just before 6th edition. I remember very specifically cutting skeletons at the glue joints to change my mix in time for Grand Tourney in Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by Albavar View Post
    It came out in the boxed army set nearly 6 months prior to the independent release of the book. This was just before 6th edition. I remember very specifically cutting skeletons at the glue joints to change my mix in time for Grand Tourney in Chicago.
    There are no books in use now that were around before 6th Edition. Everything was updated to 6th Ed using Ravening Hordes, then TK got their book pretty early on. (Late 2001???)

Battle-Brother

I was at my local shop when they were placing a GW order. I convinced him to ask when TK's will come out. Without hesitation, the GW representative stated "In May."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast