BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Dark Eldar!

Chapter-Master

I Just realised where i've seen the Kymera before!

First Hellboy film...Sammael, the Hellhound. Down to the bony arms and wierd spiky tongue...
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Adeptus Custodes

The succubus has some serious pram-face going on.

I'd be tempted to paint her up in the colours of Kabal Bur'Berigh
    More Necromunda please.

Chapter-Master

Eldargirl--- I have to ask: What is a bullet bra? I legitimately have no idea, and my wife has bras of all shapes and colors.

Its a design of bra that was very popular in the 1950s, it has a different shaped cup which gives a much more flattering silhouette than modern cups. Particularly for bustier women.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Veteran-Sergeant

Nice miniatures, but I wont be buying any ($200+ to swap out the 1 squad of beast/master I already have from WH/LotR conversions, no thanks). Just need to buy some 40mm bases to make them legal.

Yeah, I love all the models, but there's no way I'm spending that much, especially when I was hoping to field multiple units.

Librarian

Well, the prices are something else. £8.20 per Khymera? No thanks GW, I'm not on drugs.

The Succubus seems to be a Wych but made of metal. I don't actually see anything different there apart from a bit more greebling... and I hate fantasy-style greebling, so not getting that one.

The clawed fiend is a properly embarrassing 1970's era Doctor Who monster; absolutely narmful sculpt!

The razorwings are... bird? Seriously GW: birds? Turds.

BUT the Khymera are amazing; beautful sculpts, genuinely horrific... shame they're metal. Seriously, why is everything in Fantasy glorious plastic and in 40K the cool units get punked out with horrible hard-to-convert-paint-scratchs-off-no-matter-what-you-do-constantly-re-gluing-broken-bits pewter?

*grumble*
    Last edited by MaltonNecromancer; 02-16-2011 at 10:45 AM.

I want the razor wing flocks, they are really expensive though. Do you think if I played against someone they would let me put two birds on a base rather than 4? That way I wouldn't need to buy as many of them and at 12.75 a pop when I want to get like 6 it's over the top!

Quote Originally Posted by jorz192 View Post
    I want the razor wing flocks, they are really expensive though. Do you think if I played against someone they would let me put two birds on a base rather than 4? That way I wouldn't need to buy as many of them and at 12.75 a pop when I want to get like 6 it's over the top!
    I'm thinking the same thing. Only place that may be an issue is in a GW Battle Bunker (usually).

However, looking at the picture a second time, I think two of those birds are a single molded model. Not sure what the balance on a stand will be like...

Anyway, I do like the Succubus.

I don't like the Beastmaster - may sacrifice a Hellion for that.

I have 5 of the original D Eldar Beasts, so I won't buy any of the new Khymera right away.

but to buy one of these units in Canada GW direct is $157+. No way I'm making a full-sized unit of 5 Beastmasters this way.

SHAME on YOU, GW!

The efficient build of 3 BM, 5 Khymerae, and 4 Flocks (156 points) is $165 US.

More than $1 per point. Could you imagine paying ~$200 for a Tactical Squad? Or how about Terminators?

Sooooo glad I was able to get some Warp Beasts a little bit ago. I hope I can find some others. I also don't understand why the Beastmaster has to be metal. And I can't help but think "Varghulf" when I look at the Clawed Fiend - it's practically the same pose!

Although I did enjoy the testing at the end, and I'm wondering how much fun one of those small squads would be. You'd have to make sure they don't take any wounds to protect the Leadership, but it could be entertaining.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast