BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default death korps heavy weapons team

I'm starting a death korps army and have two questions about the heavy weapons teams:

1) Do the 3 HWT's have to be the same, fx. all lascannons or heavy stubbers etc.?

2) Which would you pick (heavy bolters, heavy stubbers, lascannons or autocannons)?

No, the heavy weapons do not have to be the same. When you buy a heavy weapon squad in the IG 5th ed codex, you get three mortar teams. Each team may optionally replace the mortar with a heavy bolter, autocannon, missile launcher, or a lascannon.

As to whether or not you should have a squad of mixed heavy weapons, I'll just say that the unit can only fire at one target, so if you have a squad of two lascannons and a heavy bolter and you fire at a high AV vehicle, the heavy bolter won't be doing anything.

Veteran-Sergeant

Using codex IG, you can mix and match.

Using the DKoK list, you cannot.

Autocannons are generally the weapon of choice, followed by lascannons and missile launchers.

Erwos nailed it. It depends on what list you're using; I've been building my Death Korps slowly over a while now and am trying to make it cross over between the two lists. Also I would go with the Auto Cannon as it can take down light vehicles and still handle infantry, but my personal fave is the mortar.

Chapter-Master

I was gunna say, the mortar rocks. Probably one of the more under estimated weapons in 40k.

People really like Mortars. I never tried them when I played IG (back in 4th ed mostly) but I hear good things. I'm still pretty firmly in the Autocannon camp high strength, decent AP and two shots per cannon is a pretty damn fine deal.
    See my blog @ http://perilsoftheblog.blogspot.com/

Thanks for the feedback.
    I have 3 lascannon teams for tanks and was wondering what I should take against infantry.
    Does anyone ever use heavy stubbers, they aren't as good as autocannons but can put down more rounds.