BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

If it were scoring it would be far too good

able to leap on objectives like jet bikes
    more shooty that rangers and guardians ( at range at least)
    not going to run off

and flexible not just in gun lay out but any thing that can out shoot you you can charge in.

is it me or is that a cheap bright lance for bs 4?

my worry is that it makes normal war walkers extinct

does FW rules make their way in to the dexs, yes FW models do some times make it to the main stream plastic but do the rules go with them?

war walkers as troops may help our fire power problems ( yes we have good guns and some good bs but not many heavy weapon " slots" e.g guard def = 1 slot 1 war waker =2) and walker vehicles as troops does have some presidents (orks + BA)

dave l

I don't think it will replace war walkers. I could see taking 3 Wasps with Bright Lances and 3 War Walkers with scatter lasers for example. More of each if using Spearhead.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I don't think it will replace war walkers. I could see taking 3 Wasps with Bright Lances and 3 War Walkers with scatter lasers for example. More of each if using Spearhead.
    HQ: Avatar

Troops: Wasps x 3
    Wasps x 3
    Wasps x 3
    Wasps x 3
    Wasps x 3
    Wasps x 3

Heavy Support: War Walker x 3
    War Walker x 3
    War Walker x 3

Who cares about winning or losing? This would be hilarious. Outflanking and Deepstriking everywhere.

I included the Avatar because he's the only HQ the size of a Walker.
    Let the Galaxy burn.

Chapter-Master

Thats an ace list. Would be funny as hell to use.

I noticed the Heavy weapons looked cheaper than usual. Maybe thats a new trend?

For me the best thing is THEY AREN'T HEAVY SUPPORT. For me the war walker has never competed with Prisms, Wraiths and Reapers, so mine only ever see the table in Apoc. But now....this changes things. Having them in troops, even when they arne't scoring opens them up more.

Also I hope thats not the colour scheme of the Craftworld being used in the book. Its horrible...
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123