BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ssyrie View Post
    Good question. All troops can hold objectives unless their rules specifically state otherwise.
    The main rulebook says otherwise.

Question. Is it the full kit or jsut a conversion pack to change a regular war walker into one of these?

The picture seems to have different shades of resin/plastic, which i know can happen, but certain bits look like new resins pieces i.e lower legs, fin , jets and front shielding. but other pieces look like the current plastic.

Just curious as it could be expensive if you have to buy both kits or whether they just supply the parts needed to make both?

Librarian

It says "model" but it looks like a conversion pack.
    Let the Galaxy burn.

Battle-Brother

Good question. All troops can hold objectives unless their rules specifically state otherwise.
    Or if they are vehicles or swarms- page 90 of the rulebook under "scoring units"

It says "model" but it looks like a conversion pack.
    My thoughts exactly. Will definitely enquire before purchasing one.

Quote Originally Posted by pinchy View Post
    Or if they are vehicles or swarms- page 90 of the rulebook under "scoring units"
    Point taken. But considering that most swarms state they aren't scoring units and there aren't a lot of pure vehicle troop choices, it's probably a rule most people are bound to forget. Transports are listed under Dedicated Transports so I never considered them troop choices, even when bought for one.

Personally, I don't understand why this wasn't a fast attack choice.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by addamsfamily36 View Post
    My thoughts exactly. Will definitely enquire before purchasing one.
    The email states that it is a complete kit

"Commonly found amongst the raiding forces of the Eldar Corsairs, the Eldar Wasp Assault Walker confers additional protection and manoeuvrability to the pilot. Jump jets are added to the sturdy War Walker chassis to bolster this already potent weapons platform with deceptively swift movement.
    The Eldar Wasp Assault Walker, designed by Will Hayes, is a complete resin and plastic kit. Full background and technical details for this unique addition to the Eldar arsenal will be printed in the forthcoming Imperial Armour Volume 11: The Doom of Mymeara, but as an advanced preview, these experimental rules are available to download.

The Eldar Wasp Assault Walker is available to pre-order now for despatch in the week commencing the 28th February, and we have lots more Eldar releases to come over the next few months so keep an eye out for future Newsletters."

EDIT: Which makes it good value priced against the standalone plastic kit. For those in Aus it will be cheaper to order the kit delivered to your door than buy the plastic kit at Aus RRP!
    Last edited by LostInTheDark; 02-18-2011 at 08:50 PM. Reason: forgot to add comment

Battle-Brother

Point taken. But considering that most swarms state they aren't scoring units and there aren't a lot of pure vehicle troop choices, it's probably a rule most people are bound to forget. Transports are listed under Dedicated Transports so I never considered them troop choices, even when bought for one.

Personally, I don't understand why this wasn't a fast attack choice.
    Have to agree- the amount of people I've seen trying to claim that Death Company Dreadnoughts are troops and hence scoring really makes me wish that GW would just put a disclaimer in the army list saying- "Remember vehicles don't score". One extra line in the book would have saved a lot of people so much frustration.

I also have to lol @ the pricing too, as Lostinthedark says it's actually $NZ5 cheaper than the GW warwalker- shipping will put it just over if you're only buying one at a time but I can't say I've ever seen an eldar army with just the one warwalker, it's always been multiple or none.

Because Warwalkers are walkers, which are vehicles, which can't hold objectives.

These are awesome and just what eldar needed, congrats FW for making a useful thing for once =)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast