BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Just thought I'd chime in here with a story my friend told me and I've seen the evidence so I believe him. He was given, as a gift for his son, a copy of the first edition of Space Hulk un-punched by a mutual friend of ours who'd had it for tewnty-ish years and hadn't bothered opening it.

He posted me some pictures of him an his son playing it (When I find 'em I'll post 'em so you can all feel my pain). Incidentally, if, about twenty minutes ago, you heard the loudest profanity ever, that was me.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    This is true, though I didn't actually break any connector pins (one was already broken). Funnily enough my brother slices his finger open on a genestealer claw, very deep with lots of blood. Kind of apt I thought.
    It's a genestealer cult of Khorne! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

(OK, hope he's OK-you're not ignoring taking him to a hospital to play with the new toys?)
    I'm thinking it'd probably turn out more like Daleks playing Quiddich. "It is the Potter!! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! " (someone I know on twitter)

Other Brits may like to know mine arrived today, with standard delivery. May your copies find you with haste!

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Benandorf View Post
    They seem to be.

My only complaint with the box, after getting it opened and starting to assemble minis, is that the way the arms go together sucks. It's quite difficult to get the right angle, so you'll end up breaking a couple of the connector pins more likely than not. Nothing a bit of super glue can't fix, but it's annoying all the same. Notably the assault cannon and Thunder Hammer arms don't want to go on.
    Agreed....I broke some myself. I got mine yesterday (9/1) via UPS. Haven't had a chance to play it yet, but the wife and I will be later today. I have never played the earlier versions as I didn't come into the GW hobby until late 3rd Ed, and had nearly a decade gap until coming back in between Apocalypse and 5th Ed. However, I am very impressed all across the board (literally and figuratively), and having assembled all of the contents, I am no longer regretful at having parted with $100. It was well worth it, GW truly made a quality product here. Most of all, the weight was just very satisfying to hold.

The rules are very simple, yet allow for some complexity and strategy. The minis seem to be compatible with 40K, though basing might take some creativity. The terminators are the same size, but if you base them for 40k they're a little big for the SH squares.....they work, but table bumps could make them slide enough to cause a dispute as to which square they actually occupy. The stealers are also the same size, though the terrain on some of them makes them rather large, and could have a big effect on LOS in 40k. They also have the basing issue, as 'stealers are normally on the smaller base, but the SH bases would have to be cut down to make them fit, which could then make them top-heavy and unbalanced. The possibility is there for those who are willing to make the effort. I'll be painting up the termies for my existing BA army, and my current not-quite-finished BA termies will be getting green-washed for my Salamanders.

Scout

Well mine was waiting for me when I got home from work last night.

I didnt play with it too much since it's a gift to me from ym wife and I'm not allowed to open it till my birthday (Friday) so I dont know whats worse, waiting for it to arrive in the mail or knowing its here and seeing the box knowing i'm not allowed to open it

Scout

I got my space hulk TUESDAY yay for GW OZ, havnt taken anything off the sprues yet as have an Eldar army to finish but I can't wait to get stuck into it.

Really don't know if I'll convert the Terminators or not, I use the Templar symbol for my own chapter but the blood angel iconography is so well done

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456