BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by blackarmchair View Post
    Hrm, point taken.

I still don't think I'll get any horrors but daemonettes are a bit cheaper. Maybe if I drop the prince down to a tzeentch or slaanesh prince I'll have more to throw into daemonettes.

So like 10-girl squads good? Or should bump that up to 15 or so?
    That kind of depends, are you running mono-demonettes as troops or will you be using plaguebearers as well? w/o plaguebearers I would say that you should take them in units of 15 so they don't get blown away when you try to hold objectives.

Librarian

You got your girl to play this game? Damn dude, good job (mine paints she's iffy on actually playing).
    Hah, yeah. She plays 40k every now and then, but she's really into Dark Heresy.

Her 40k Army is a Keeper of Secrets, the Masque, a Herald on a Seeker, 5x Seekers, like 3 fiends, thirty daemonettes, 3 soul grinders, and a Daemon Prince.

She would love to have an AdMech army, though. Really into the steampunk thing.
    Let the Galaxy burn.

Quote Originally Posted by eagleboy7259 View Post
    That kind of depends, are you running mono-demonettes as troops or will you be using plaguebearers as well? w/o plaguebearers I would say that you should take them in units of 15 so they don't get blown away when you try to hold objectives.
    Meh, I don't really see Daemons as a "holding objectives" kind of army. Plaguebearers aside - 5++ saves don't really give you a lot of staying power.

Maybe it's just my personal style, but with truly unbalanced heavy-handed armies I usually win objective games 1- 0 not 3-2. Put simply, I just kill everything and make sure to leave one troop on one objective.

I'm not really opposed to larger squads of Daemonettes though. I'd have to mess around with them until I found a good number.
    See my blog @ http://perilsoftheblog.blogspot.com/

Librarian

Meh, I don't really see Daemons as a "holding objectives" kind of army. Plaguebearers aside - 5++ saves don't really give you a lot of staying power.

Maybe it's just my personal style, but with truly unbalanced heavy-handed armies I usually win objective games 1- 0 not 3-2. Put simply, I just kill everything and make sure to leave one troop on one objective.

I'm not really opposed to larger squads of Daemonettes though. I'd have to mess around with them until I found a good number.
    With this kind of an army, I'd do just the same thing. The problem is that on turn 5 or so, you want to heading towards the objective and positioning your demonettes on them. Casualties will have generally whittled down the squads that are still on the board. With random game length & turns that go top / bottom you don't want to try and put a squad on the objective to win the game only to have it blown off in the bottom of 5 or at the start of 6 and put you out of contention to win the game. So if you're intention is to score with units that have been in the thick of the action then bigger is definitely better, and scoring still matters.

Yeah 15-girl squads could work well for that.

I could do two 15-gal squads instead of three sets of 10.

Might work.

Default Hmmm...

The way I run mine is a little different. I like to play an army that hits people in a bunch of places at the same time, making it difficult for them to bring the center of their army to support the flanks. I play 3 Tz heralds on chariots, the skulltaker on a jugger, 3 flamers, 4 crushers setup for wound allocation, 9 bloodletters, 8 horrors plus the changeling, 8 plaguebearers, 2 squads of 5 nurglings, 2 squads of 3 screamers, and a couple of DP's. Usually do one Nurgle with wings and one Tz on foot blasting stuff. Thats my 2k list and its unbeaten so far although I haven't ran into the Dark Eldar yet, kind of worried about them. Its crushed several Marine armies into the dirt, including the Skulltaker taking several skulls back to the throne room. The most hilarious thing yet was when a squad of Nurglings tied up a pack of Long Fangs in cc, and then beat them to death LOL

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Connjurus View Post
    She would love to have an AdMech army, though. Really into the steampunk thing.
    Start warmachine.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Librarian

We tried. Didn't care for it too much...we both like having larger battles, and our friends who play Warmahordes admitted (a little grudgingly in some cases) that the rules can get bogged down when you try playing the Warmachine equivalent of a 4,000 point game.
    Let the Galaxy burn.

Thread necromancy! I call thread necromancy!

:P

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12