BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default 2400 Warrioir of Chaos Troll List.

I'm new to fantasy, by feel in love with the idea of a troll army. This is my 1st try at writing a Fantasy list.

Lord:
    Sorcerer Lord
    -Lv.4
    -Mark of Slaanesh
    --Lore of Slaanesh.
    -Chariot

Hero:
    Throgg the Troll King -175

Core:

Troll Hoard x11 (Throgg goes in this unit.)

Troll Unit x6

Troll Unit x6

Special:
    Chaos Ogers x6
    --Great Weapons

Chaos Ogers x6
    --Great Weapons

Rare:
    Chaos Giant
    -MoS

Total Points:2391

I was thinking of maby dropping the giant to take a Chaos Knight unit to stick the Scor Lord in with. (And of course swapping the Lord's Chariot for a Chaos Steed.)

Hoping some people more versed in Chaos Warriors could help me out?

Veteran-Sergeant

I'm not a Warriors player myself but I would say that dropping the giant in favor of knights to put the sorc in is a very good idea.
    In the unit he would get the very important Look Out Sir! rule, so long as five or more knights are present. LOS is a highly important thing to have because of the ability of cannons to 'snipe' characters really easily.

Quote Originally Posted by novatomato View Post
    I'm not a Warriors player myself but I would say that dropping the giant in favor of knights to put the sorc in is a very good idea.
    In the unit he would get the very important Look Out Sir! rule, so long as five or more knights are present. LOS is a highly important thing to have because of the ability of cannons to 'snipe' characters really easily.

Even with the Scor sitting behind the large Blocks of Monster Infantry? I'm still reading threw the main rule book, I was hoping all the Trolls and Chaos Ogers would at least obscure the LOS in some way.

Even with the Scor sitting behind the large Blocks of Monster Infantry? I'm still reading threw the main rule book, I was hoping all the Trolls and Chaos Ogers would at least obscure the LOS in some way.
    It depends on what you want to use the sorcerer for.

Offensive magic and hes going to need line of sight himself. So hiding at the back won;t be much use.

If he's using magic that doesn't require LOS or that boosts units etc then staying out of sight is a good thing.

In a chariot he will be a bigger target, but it offers some protection. But the same again, hiding at the back with a chariot is a waste of point on a chariot.

Remember miscasting can be horrible and as knights are expensive they might not be the best disposable unit if he does blow up for instance.

Maybe a cheap bodyguard unit?

Maybe throw your Sorc in with some Mauraders, But knights are never a bad idea!

Brother-Sergeant

Nice List what about a dragon for the mage?, I like all Cavalry myself.

Chaplain

Why the Lore of Slannesh? I always think of it as the weakest Lore in the book.

Scout

You'll have a hard time with the Breaking Point scenario - not a worry if you just play straight-up battles.

Also, I assume most of your units are ranked 3 x 2?