BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

How is this News or Rumours?

Of course GK will replace DH. How can you use a 3rd edtion GK when there is a 5th edtion GK now? How about Brother Stern? Same names, different edtions. All that is changed is the Title, but the names in the Grey Knight Codex replaces the names in the Deamon Hunter Codex. Title change doesn't cut it for me, sorry, you will have to use 5th edtion if playing in tournies. Of course if you play me in a friendly game, you can use what ever you want.

But come on. Title name change? I just find it funny how all the names inside the book are the same, with new ones added.
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

Brother-Captain

I figure I'll still pull out Codex: Daemonhunters for casual games. I've got a radical inquisition list that I use for casual games or as the ringer army for a tournament (lots of stormtroopers with three daemonhosts, one of my favorite units). It doesn't really convert to the new GK codex. Daemonhosts are totally different, for one, and stormtrooper spam isn't viable.

I seriously doubt anyone is going to object to playing against my underpowered inquisition list, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lerra View Post
    I figure I'll still pull out Codex: Daemonhunters for casual games. I've got a radical inquisition list that I use for casual games or as the ringer army for a tournament (lots of stormtroopers with three daemonhosts, one of my favorite units). It doesn't really convert to the new GK codex. Daemonhosts are totally different, for one, and stormtrooper spam isn't viable.

I seriously doubt anyone is going to object to playing against my underpowered inquisition list, though.
    Stormtrooper spam is totally viable in the new codex. Granted you loose a point of BS but you gain a ton of weapon customizability. Daemonhosts may be different but you can now take many more of them and use your Stormtroopers as meat shields, or take a big squad of 12 Hosts.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck777 View Post
    Stormtrooper spam is totally viable in the new codex. Granted you loose a point of BS but you gain a ton of weapon customizability. Daemonhosts may be different but you can now take many more of them and use your Stormtroopers as meat shields, or take a big squad of 12 Hosts.
    I assume by 'Stormtroopers' you mean 'Warrior Acolytes.' Why stop at carapace armour when you could give them power armour for an extra 6 pts per model? And I agree, 'Stormtrooper spam' is a totally viable option. Take Inquisitor Torquemada Coteaz, and Henchmen Warbands become Troops and no longer dependent on the number of Inquisitors in your army.
    You think running with scissors is dangerous? Try sky diving with them!

Occuli Imperator

There is a thread covering all this. Thread closed

Duke
    Red text= mod voice
    Black text= regular voice

Follow my blog! Www.dukesinferno.blogspot.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123