BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

But it does not replace C:WH or any unit entry from C:WH. Maybe they'll produce FAQ for WH in which they'll update Karamazov or Assassins. I believe they won't.
    ‘I was there, the day Horus slew the Emperor.’

Veteran-Sergeant

Codex: Space Marines doesn't replace Codex: Ultramarines and Codex: Blood Angels/Dark Angels don't replace Codex: Angels of Death- quick lets all bring out the 2nd edition Codexes (Codeci?)

Librarian

Allies, if they don't exist in the new codex. If allies are gone or mystics are changed in the new codex, what will Titan players use to defend their precious killbots from deep striking meltagun units?
    Did you miss where GW re-released the Daemonhunters codex for free download and stated that allies aren't allowed any more? Allies haven't been usable for about seven months now - and that's from a codex with the same name. So there really is no reason whatsoever to use the old one.

Quote Originally Posted by MaltonNecromancer View Post
    Did you miss where GW re-released the Daemonhunters codex for free download and stated that allies aren't allowed any more? Allies haven't been usable for about seven months now - and that's from a codex with the same name. So there really is no reason whatsoever to use the old one.
    Since the codex is the same edition, many people (at least at my FLGS) consider the pdf and the physical copy to be interchangeable and so they keep using allies. It reeks a bit but its just how everyone has played it.

Brother-Captain

While it DOES replace it from a "new book" perspective, there is nothing to say you cannot, with opponent's permission, use the old codex all you want.

I recently sold my 4th ed Space Marines codex to a fellow that said they preferred the 4th ed rules for them and were using the old book for a new player.

Chapter-Master

The Codex Assassins was never updated, so I still run that book in my armies.
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

Adeptus Custodes

My squats/ arbites army is still going strong- particularly competitive with some zoat mercanaries

Heres a question- does it replace the witch hunters? it has pretty much ever non- Sister of battle unit from that codex along with some of the Special characters.
    More Necromunda please.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Grailkeeper View Post
    My squats/ arbites army is still going strong- particularly competitive with some zoat mercanaries

Heres a question- does it replace the witch hunters? it has pretty much ever non- Sister of battle unit from that codex along with some of the Special characters.
    no
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

Quote Originally Posted by Grailkeeper View Post
    This book will not replace Witchhunters.

Chapter-Master

let's take the opposite argument. Let's say it does not replace Daemonhunters.

Now that's fine. However, just about anywhere you go to play with your army, it is quite possible people will not play with you.

Then look at tournaments: they usually list what codices are allowed. Daemonhunters will probably not be on the list.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast