BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Storm Raven and Dread

I just finished 2 stormraven's and took them in to battle yesterday. Awesome!! Big question came up? There are no firepoints on the Raven, though the magna-grapple dread is just hanging out there? Could he pop off shots?

Librarian

wow that seems like somthing that should have been covered in the rules for the SR so no suprise that gw have failed to forsee such a problem. Personaly i would say yes because it's cool, however that then opens up a debate on if the Dread can be shot at while carried by the SR again i would say yes but this is one of those questions that will cause arguments across gaming tables world-wide untill a faq is done. So for now i would just treat it as a passenger of the SR so cannot shoot out or be shot at.

Also when you reach 20 posts and become a battle brother do not be upset that you dont receive any power armour I didn't.
    Last edited by Morgan Darkstar; 02-20-2011 at 07:23 PM.
    "I Have Become Death the Destroyer of Worlds"

Chaplain

No.

The dread is 'embarked' on the SR. There are no fire points, so transported units cannot fire. Don't mix fluff with the rules.
    Last edited by hisdudeness; 02-20-2011 at 07:30 PM.
    When you hear hoof-beats, it's best to think horses not zebras.

Definite no. The vehicle has no firepoint, embarked models cannot fire out of it, simple as that, it's not a mistake or rules oversight. You could maybe houserule it, it's a fun idea, but officially, no.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by hisdudeness View Post
    No.

The dread is 'embarked' on the SR. There are no fire points, so transported units cannot fire. Don't mix fluff with the rules.
    +1

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer View Post
    Definite no. The vehicle has no firepoint, embarked models cannot fire out of it, simple as that, it's not a mistake or rules oversight. You could maybe houserule it, it's a fun idea, but officially, no.

I didn't say it was an oversight more that it will be a freqently asked question, and i totaly agree that as per the rules it cannot shoot as it is embarked on a transport without fire points, i would allow it to in a friendly game just on coolness alone aslong as i could shoot at it aswell.
    "I Have Become Death the Destroyer of Worlds"

Chaplain

I agree, a Stormraven with a dread shooting a flamer out the back brings visions of coolness wrapped with awesome.

Battle-Brother

We haven't had that question come up but would have to agree that per the rules, no since no fire points. We've had the question come up several times though that since the Dread is technically embarked, can it disembark from any of the access points or does it have to be just from the rear since that is where it is mounted?

Chaplain

Rules wise: Yes, it can disembark out of the front and use the assault ramp rule.

Fluff wise: I normally drop it out the back, just because it seems 'right'. I would have no real issue if others didn't follow suit.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Darkriver View Post
    We haven't had that question come up but would have to agree that per the rules, no since no fire points. We've had the question come up several times though that since the Dread is technically embarked, can it disembark from any of the access points or does it have to be just from the rear since that is where it is mounted?
    actually, you do not even use access points--- the rules state you measure from the base.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast