BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

well, if you plan on being competitive the island of blood wont be your best bet as youll only be using the swordmasters, lothern sea guard and mage, altho the rule book is a good idea if you dont have one or easy access to one. your main show should be provided by units in your elite slot so phoenix guard, whitelions, swordmasters and maybe one or two chariots are what you should be getting, along with enough sea guard to make up your required core points allotment

Initiate

That sounds like a lot of money to invest, I'll hold back on that but I'll keep it in mind. I just want to have enough to play a decent game and have some options to boot.

High Elves are generally good I find whatever they field. I'm 2-3 against them in total with my ogres, generally because of AS1st rule and the guys fielding large elite units that chop at my ogres first and hard. Although it hasn't always gone their way, they are always tricky I find.

Sounds like a solid basis, and the cheapest considering GW's prices. It's a strong and versatile force to begin with, but you'll definitely want to add to those elite units, like swordmasters and seaguard, and add units like white lions and dragon princes, in the future though

Hope I was some help. DEFINITELY go splitsies where possible, so much better and cheaper!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12