BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thread: Apoc Formations

Scout

Default Apoc Formations

Hi,

as an Ork player I was wondering if anyone has ever fielded the Ghazghkull's bully boys formation in Apoc game you played? if you did, what was the configuration of the Nob squads? How did they perform?

Any suggetions on other Apoc formations or assets that rocks for an Ork player? Especially against IG and Nids.

cheers

Veteran-Sergeant

Nope. =P

Loota Wreckin' Skwadronz are good for smashing up Tyranid MCs, Da Green Tide is a useful tarpit if you're not expecting many super-heavies (and it hits like a metric ***-ton of bricks), Big Choppa Skwadronz with Big Shootaz can help thin out hordes of infantry... but honestly, you can't go wrong with a Stompa or two (or three for a Stompede). 8D

Also, Imperial Armour Volume 8: Raid On Kastorel Novem is worth checking out for more tanks and stuff.

Oh, and these datasheets should help you out:

[url]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?aId=3400020[/url]

=)

Brother-Sergeant

I've used the Bully Boyz a couple of times. I went WYSIWYG both times meaning that I had my main squad which has been modeled with a bewildering array of killy bitz and the remaining units of spare Nobz which wound up being a lot of Power Klaws in one, Big Choppas in another and Slugga/Choppas in another.

In both cases, they did alright, eating a few Defilers in one game and most of a Daemon army in another. I still haven't managed to hit anything with Roks (damn scatters), but one day I will and it'll be awesome.

Other than that, the Speed Freaks formation is descent as is the Dread Mob. The Pulsa Rokkit is entertaining and the Green Tide is just a godawful number of models.

Scout

Thank you guys for the posts.

@ Nosmo75: I just bought a copy IA8 last week and I'm reading it now

@MrGiggles: I'm planning to build one myself (already got the models). Did you put them in transports or went footslogging?

I usually play against IG and Nids and already tried out some formations ( dred mob, stompa mob) but I really can't put up a decent answer against their super heavy's. The IG fields his scout titan with 2 mounted D weapons and 2 to 3 baneblades ( stormlord etc. ...) Before I reach his "sitting duck" line my super heavy's are destroyed and my infantry wasted. Against Nids I do allright only his 2 Hierophant's usually wipe me out although I didn't field my 3 Stompa's against him.

Any advice?

cheers

Chapter-Master

Against Super heavies, your stompas are the best bet. However, a blasta-bomma's deth arsenal with 3D6 S9 shots and D3 Supa Rokkits and up to 6 Additional Supa-Rokkits can make a mockery of most superheavies, especially if you can get inside any void/powershields.

Ok its 410 points, but as a super-heavy flyer, you can pretty much garauntee it will be killing whatever it shoots at each and every turn without too much fear of reprisal (except maybe against eldar or a dedicated IG anti-air army... damn those hydras)
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by SotonShades View Post
    Against Super heavies, your stompas are the best bet. However, a blasta-bomma's deth arsenal with 3D6 S9 shots and D3 Supa Rokkits and up to 6 Additional Supa-Rokkits can make a mockery of most superheavies, especially if you can get inside any void/powershields.

Ok its 410 points, but as a super-heavy flyer, you can pretty much garauntee it will be killing whatever it shoots at each and every turn without too much fear of reprisal (except maybe against eldar or a dedicated IG anti-air army... damn those hydras)
    "loot" some baneblades or a scout titan of your own. Or gargants.

I've always found it best in Apoc to ban D weapons, counting any as S10. They're just stupid good against everything, and the entire system is ALREADY designed to slaughter massive amounts of infantry to begin with.
    Borderline alcoholic and happy about it.
    Don't get your religion mixed with my Constitution. The mixture curdles.

Chapter-Master

Banning S D doesn't work best

Limiting them yes. Counting them as S 10 doesn't protect infantry, it just means they get wounded on a 2+
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chaplain

Counting them as strength 10 means they can still take cover saves so it makes a hell of a difference :P