BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default What's Your Fav Unit?

My favorites all time unit?The Death of a Thousand Bites

Necron Destroyer Lord, with the scarab swarm Cape. They're all jet bikes, and have a 2+ cover save super easy. War Scyth, gaze of flame, lightning field, and nightmare shroud. Scarabs with disruption fields.

Prowling around the edges, scaring the little ones(IG, Lootas, TAU).
    They eat both infantry and vehicles alive. Mobility, destruction
    You scare me, wolf-brothers. You scare EVERYTHING.-Ahmad Ibn Rustah, skjald of Tra http://grayhartswarclown.blogspot.com/

Techmarines. Because they're the closest thing to an Adeptus Mechanicus warrior in this game.
    We are heavy metal pirates! / We sail across the skies! / In our battleships of cosmic steel / we're terror up on high! - Alestorm

Librarian

Seraphim. A variety of third edition "that's so awesome/crazy/broken/cheesy" abilities combined with amazing model design and jump infantry.

A close second would be the Harlequins. A damn shame they have lost so much heft in the Dark Eldar codex.

Iron Father

any kind of Dreadnought to be honest. " I live to serve..........again" how cool is that .

Game wise I have a soft spot for Typhus, 1st time I used him he took down 9 terminators in one turn. 2nd time I used him he killed himself lol. Loved him ever since.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Librarian

Flamers of Tzeentch - they always seem to make their points back for me. In the last game I had they deep struck and killed a unit of Long Fangs hiding in the woods. Then they went and hid behind a drop pod, which they killed, before killing a squad of Grey Hunters which arrived in a different pod. 3 turns, 3 kill points. The only thing that slows them down is mech =(

Second for Dreadnoughts! The model is cool, the fluff is awesome, and the rules... allow you to take an "okay" elites choice.

Brother-Sergeant

At present, I would have to say Sternguard.

Not only are they extremely flexible, and effective, in the game, I love the models.

I'm using the Dark Angel marines (the cloaked guys), and I just adore painting them. Cloaks / robes with power armour? Win.

Scout

Ghazghkull no doubt, he's a one man army

the vindicare assassin. since 2nd edition this guy has been my all time favorate. hes a one man killing machine. hq run from these guys, cuz if you dont you will lose your 200+ pt hq by turn 2. plus the remove inv saves for the rest of game. HUGE . i use to take one with my DAs back then. that was when you could have alli units in your army. (they never should have changed that)

Just for the fluff and unpredictability: Blood Claws!!! (With or without a Wolf Priest!)

Can't you imagine them barking across the battlefield now?

Wulfen Spam:
    Wolf Guard Battle Leader w/ combi melta, Hunter Saga,and mark of the wulfen
    10 Wolf Scouts w/ bolters, melta and 2 plasma pistols and Mark of the wulfen
    Wolf Guard w/ combi melta and mark of the wulfen.

I shoot-you die, I attack-you die, you attack me-you die, and i can come on any board edge 80% of the time.(bye bye Land Raiders) absolutly awesome.
    Last edited by Wolf Brother Hellstrom; 03-11-2011 at 05:34 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast