BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Grey Knight Advance Orders up.

Getting Started with Gey Knights:
    [url]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?aId=15800027a[/url]

Advance Orders are up:
    [url]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCats.jsp?catId=cat440160a&rootCatGameSt yle=wh40k[/url]

The infamous Draigo:

The slightly less absurd that I thought Dreadknight:
    Last edited by eldargal; 03-09-2011 at 03:39 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Not bad art work, in my opinion. Not their best though.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Veteran-Sergeant

I can't wait to get my hands on that dreadknight. Omg LOOK AT IT!!!!!!
    Independently targeting particle beam phalanx. Vwap! Fry half a city with this puppy.

Talking

So excited! I really need to finish off the other three armies first (Wolves Dreadnought for the Space Wolves, Paint Seekers, Bloodcrushers and Flesh Hounds +Kairos for Daemons, paint ALL my Dark Eldar) but these guys will definitely be next. I'll buy the Codex and salivate over the models until my birthday and Xmas!

Chapter-Master

First of all the marines are amazing. The Space Hulk Terminators almost look like prototypes for how much detail can we fit on one model?

And the Dreadknight...less mecha than the "leaked fuzzy picture" but still....pretty wierd...
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Veteran-Sergeant

Plastic crack. I love it!
    Independently targeting particle beam phalanx. Vwap! Fry half a city with this puppy.

Brother-Sergeant

Ellen Ripley called. She wants her ride back.

These models are awesome! So worth the wait!

Chapter-Master

Am I allowed to say I'm slightly dissappointed? Not sure why, but I think I was expecting a little more dynamism from the models, especially the basic Grey Knights.

I'm not saying I think the models are bad... They are very very good, but I think my brain got carried away (it does that, hence my warlord titan) with what they could be. I agree with eldargirl about the cover art as well. Hopefully I will change my mind a bit when I get to see the models in the flesh... I've heard the black boxes are in stores on Friday, so fingers crossed!
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

Initial thoughts:

Price points pretty much as expected. Given the size of the force needed, this could be a popular second army as it's easier to buy and paint.

Dreadknight looks a lot better than expected, going to have to convert me up one of those. The sword looks better than the hammer though IMHO.

The terminators come with a lot of stuff based on the sprue pictures. Lots of spare weapons for other projects, which is nice.

I'm also not so convinced by the strike squads (although it says that they come with 2 psycannons which is useful). I miss the visual look of halberds and I think most won't people won't use them if they cost extra (I'll just have to hide the few I've already got at the back of the squad). I generally like two handed weapons but as with the sanguinary guard, they just don't work so well with a wrist mounted weapon.
    The teleporters in particular look a bit rubbish IMHO and would have been better if they had stuck with the dawn of war game look with the teleporter built into the main body of the back pack.

I also note that there is no magic monkey so far and only one metal character.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast