BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lemt View Post
    I for one love the Dreadknight. And isn't that one of the weapons the Mechanicum had on 30k? On Horus Heresy Mechanicum they mention "Knights", units between Dreadnoughts and Titans. It may be a variation on those old weapons.
    The Dreadknight is awesome, and as you say I will definitely be converting one to make an Adeptus Mechanicus Knight Titan. Probably shove a Sentinel cockpit in where the silly Terminator is sitting, and then job's a good one!
    http://miteyheroes.blogspot.com/ - My 40k Blog: Adeptus Mechanicus, Imperial Guard Grots, Conversions, Battle Reports and more.

C'mon G-dub, at least pretend to be original?

With Sigourney Weaver at the controls the DreadKnight would do well against both Alian Queen Mothers and Tyanids..... 32 years ago!

This photo is from the movie "Aliens" 32 years ago.

Perhaps the one from the Matirx?

Or more recently, Avatar?

The heck with GW, let the Orks a've at it!

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." ~ T. Pratchett

[QUOTE=Maelstorm;124366]C'mon G-dub, at least pretend to be original?

The heck with GW, let the Orks a've at it!

QUOTE]

SHAAAAA_ZAAAAAAAAM! I was thinking it looked like it should belong to an Ork, that's awesome! Ok, now I can buy one.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstorm View Post
    I know right! They also have tanks! Every game in the last 20 years has had tanks. Way to be original.

Chapter-Master

So... whoever photochopped that Ork in the dreadknight outfit...amazing!

It looks nothing like the Aliens rig, and only has a vague resemblence to the other you posted, one of which has more in common with an IG sentinel. While I think the Dreadknight is absurd, arguing that GW is being unoriginal when giant metal walkers have been an element of science fiction since the Edwardian era is just silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstorm View Post

With Sigourney Weaver at the controls the DreadKnight would do well against both Alian Queen Mothers and Tyanids..... 32 years ago!
    ]
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chaplain

After going to the Melbourne GW store today i got to flick through the new codex. Im reasonable impressed with the new miniatures, rules and it would'nt have completed my day without someone already admiring the book there and saying it was broken..

For me, i thik its going to be another nasty codex, but looking into all their rules, wargear and characters/units, i have to say there expensive and feel like they lack anti-vehicle killingness. Against demons, well that's a no-brainer there, but against IG i think they will struggle with walls of steel. Now against swarm armies, there going to be outnumbered by far.

All in all, everyone is going to jump on these guys, and its good to see a female Inquisitor special character in the book too, though no picture for her at all, not that i saw anyway. So maybe you have to make your own figure for her (slightly dissapointed if thats the case).
    "Heretics crave the cleansing fire of absolution. They need not fear, for we shall deliver"

Chapter-Master

Why doesn't my lgs have a black box in

(That's a rhetorical question, I'm just complaining)
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Librarian

I could so turn the Dreadnight into a Chaos Dreadnought or even a Chaos Hell KNight. The Grey Knights are just ripe for modification into Word Bearer Chaos MArines now that they aer in plastic., and I can still use the counts as rule for making a Choas MArine Army using the Grey Knights Army List. Shave and file off all the Inquisitorial symbols, file down the sword behind the book, add in some flames with green stiff, and put a Flaming Daemon head on the other shoulder pad. Then paint it one half red to represent the Chaos Legions new colours, and the other half grey to represent the Legions old colour scheme.

No one can say - you can not do that, because I can do it, and I have a Chaos Marine Legion/Warband that kicks Mule, sorry kicks donkey. LOL

If people can use space wolves codex to build a night lords army, or a Blood Angelds armie list to represent a World Eaters to represent a World Eaters warband, then I am definately using Grey Anti-paladins/ Word Bearers andthe new Grey Knights book to beat GW Imperial players at their own game. The good thing is in games of Apoc, I would be palying on the Chaos and Daemons side.

I love corrupting Imperial forces.
    The world is Chaotic, so why not join the party. Slaanesh welcomes you with open arms. Certa Cito

Iron Father

Well I wasn't going to delve not another 40k army, I wasn't but now it seems I am
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast