BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Mostly I was speaking about "Ice gurad"(Im not sure its correct name), and I dont like Cain, biggest problem in IG books for me is that akward moment when you read about las-gun shoots bounceing of CSm power armour and 10 pages later same lasgun kill them like flies(it happened in Gaunt books to but action was better so I dont mind).

Im still waitin for decent CSM book.
    ....shhh, it's okay, it's just me.... I`m Beast at the back of your head.

Read this book bc of your review....

It was great! What a refreshing take on a 40k novel. Thanks for the review!
    For the Empire-----CHARGE!!!!!!!!!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Omega Protocol View Post
    Does anyone know when Dead Men Walking took place in the timeline or is it just a random battle that has no date for it?
    It's hard to tell with any of the Guard books, it seems. There's no real indication of date in this novel at all, so the best answer I can give is "the 40,000 millenium." Helpful, eh?

Thanks Felland & FTE... I've been behind in my reading, but I'll have an Age of Darkness Review posted shortly.

Adeptus Custodes

Ciaphas Cain is (very briefly) mentioned as being a semi saint like figure... so sometime after ciaphas cain then
    More Necromunda please.

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    It's hard to tell with any of the Guard books, it seems. There's no real indication of date in this novel at all, so the best answer I can give is "the 40,000 millenium." Helpful, eh?

Thanks Felland & FTE... I've been behind in my reading, but I'll have an Age of Darkness Review posted shortly.
    Yeah I've noticed that a lot of the BL war40k books don't have dates. Only reason I asked was because I wanted to see if the events of dead men walking was within the time frame of a fanfiction I'm planning to write.

Quote Originally Posted by Grailkeeper View Post
    Ciaphas Cain is (very briefly) mentioned as being a semi saint like figure... so sometime after ciaphas cain then
    There is a Book of Cain, and Cain is considered a prophet of the God Emperor. "It may be interesting to note that there is a small sect in Tallarn regiments, who consider Cain as a physical conduit of the Emperor's divine will. There is even a book dedicated to Cain, called the "Book of Cain"." - [url]http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Ciaphas_Cain[/url]

It is also stated in his books a few times that there is a Book of Cain which would annoy Cain to no end if he knew about it. "The Traitor's Hand"

Quote Originally Posted by GrenAcid View Post
    Have you read the Word Bearers books by Anthony Reynolds? (I think thats the author)
    [I][I] =][= "Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse” =][=

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by GrenAcid View Post
    Read Soul Hunter by Aaron Dembski-Bowden. The wait is over.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12