BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Default Adepticon team tourney - dark eldar WIPs

The whole album is located here: [url]https://picasaweb.google.com/sean.poeschl/RoadToAdepticonDarkEldar#[/url]

I'll be working on it little by little every night over the next 18 days or so. Everything basecoated with Duplicolor Sandable Auto Primer in hotrod black, and airbrushed in two layers(P3 Coal Black and P3 Coal Black/Meridius blue mix) using an Iwata HP-C Plus airbrush.

Everything minus the Razorwing:

First squad of Wyches that I've been working on:

First Raider with ethersail test paint:

Brother-Sergeant

My venom and riders:

Haemonculi and Ancient(the ancient isn't coming with to Adepticon):

Brother-Sergeant

Razorwing.

Originally I was going to take my dremel to the wings with a grinding bit to make a look a little more like the artwork in the codex, but then a friend offered to buy it off of me for his Craftworld Eldar once the plastic kit comes out, so I decided to keep the conversions to a bare minimum, just enough to get by the WYSIWYG rules at Adepticon.

Last edited by Regnir; 03-10-2011 at 01:30 PM.

Chapter-Master

All nice!

How are the Venom riders made? Assuming they're trueborn?
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    All nice!

How are the Venom riders made? Assuming they're trueborn?
    Yeah, I grind down the front part of a Dark Elf Corsair cloak so that it will fit to a a Dark Eldar torso(I've done this for both warrior/wych/hellion torsos for highborn/bloodbrides/Baron Sathonyx). Then, the warrior legs will fit onto that assembly so long as you leave the "***" bit off of them.

Chapter-Master

those armoculi are fantastic!
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Chapter-Master

Looking sexy so far
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

Brother-Sergeant

Got sick of infantry, so spent some time this weekend working on vehicles:

More in the album: [url]https://picasaweb.google.com/sean.poeschl/RoadToAdepticonDarkEldar#[/url]

how did you go about making the homoculi? they look great.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Liazardman View Post
    how did you go about making the homoculi? they look great.
    Thank you! It was pretty easy, and each one took maybe 10-15 minutes or so to whip together. Originally I was using a pair of Cryx Cephalyx models to proxy as my haemonculi, and decided that I should convert something for Adepticon.

Anyhow, the bodies are just standard Wych legs and torsos. I draped some green stuff over the legs and shaped it into a quick skirt with a clay shaper. I had originally thought about sculpting patchwork patterns into it, and decided to save myself the time since Haemonculus models are expected by summer.

once the GS had dried, add Wych torso and a pair of Wych arms. I cut off the splinter pistol barrel, replaced it with two small pieces of rod and connected them with a bit of green stuff.

Add a set of arms from plastic Crypt Ghouls, and a set of the metal mechanical "extra arms" from the Cephalyx overlord models.

The ancient haemonculus was made from the wizard included in the WHFB island of blood box, with arms from the metal archon figure, cut off at the gloves and attacked to the upper arms of wyches. Also used some crypt ghoul arms, and a spare syringe arm from Urien Rahkarth.

Since there is a head included with the Raider kit that looks exactly like the head on the Ancients belt, I decided that my haemonculi cult would all be engineered to look exactly the same, to give the enemy the impression that all of the Wych squads were being lead by the same individual.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast