BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Default Trench work terrain test

Just a WIP for a trench table for the Warroom in Tc Michigan enjoy and comments welcome

Librarian

very cool dude, however I'd make the standing logs a bit bigger to encompass more of the base, so your firing dude isn't falling backwards off it. the colors and paint job look amazing. keep it up!

I'd love to see a big long row or multiple rows like WW1 had.

Veteran-Sergeant

Looks good. Paint looks smooth. Good work. Just need to finish basing and drill the barrels on that assault cannon.

Librarian

the painting work is really stunning on this, and i love how the trenches work. They would be even better were they wider, but overall i think they rock. are you doing a while trench system board, or is it just a few pieces of scenery?

Chapter-Master

I agree with ERW above me...looks amazing, but if you can, make them a fraction wider. The terminators base doesn't quite fit in.

Unless your going for a a"The trenches were designed for humans, its not suprising that tactical dreadnaught armour can't fit down them" theme...in which case power to you!
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Brother-Sergeant

Thanks all, then plans are currently being set in motion for a full size trench network table. were talking hq bunkers, camo netting, gun placements the works. (Shameless plug) If your ever in Northern Michigan stop in to TC Paintball/ The Warroom there is much more to offer than this. as for the Blood Angels Termie thats mine im just real lazy when it comes to basing and barrels its the ADHD in me i move from one fig to the next too fast lol

I'm with you. The effort to drill out barrels just doesn't seem worth the effort for tabletop play. I simply put a small dot of black paint on the end of all my barrels. At that scale, it looks pretty close to a drilled out barrel.

Nicely done! Did you scratch build the trench walls? They look great.

Brother-Sergeant

Our local "terrain guru" Ken has built a mold and makes them himself is about as much as I know but the end result is going to be epic! I'll be sure to keep you all updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Brotherjames View Post
    Our local "terrain guru" Ken has built a mold and makes them himself is about as much as I know but the end result is going to be epic! I'll be sure to keep you all updated.
    BroJames nice work! - any chance of your mate doing a tutorial on how to make your terrain and cast it on this forum?

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast