BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thread: DKOK question

Default DKOK question

I bought 5 Deathriders of fleabay and they came with motorcycle bases. I was under the impression that they were supposed to be mounted on large round bases?

Anyone got some clarity on this?

/M

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Mananarepublic View Post
    I bought 5 Deathriders of fleabay and they came with motorcycle bases. I was under the impression that they were supposed to be mounted on large round bases?

Anyone got some clarity on this?

/M
    The set that my father ordered directly from FW arrived with the oval biker style bases as well.

Chaplain

Mine came direct from FW last year with 40mm round bases. It seems to me they fit quite nicely there. I was never much for oval bases anyway.

Veteran-Sergeant

Hmmm...

My friend got some a year or two back & he got them with 40mm round bases
    Only in death does duty end...
    Imperial Guard W-8 L-16 D-7 Grey Knights(DH) W-6(1) L-8(5) D-3(1) Eldar W-1 L-3 T-1

Chapter-Master

When FW originally released them, they sent them out with the 40mm round bases, which you will see on the website pictures. Hopwever as cavalry they should be on the bike/cavalry bases, so FW recieved a few complaints and were more or less forced to change it, I think around 6 months ago.

So yes, they should be on the bases you have for gaming purposes.
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

Remember, with the exception of Canis, you can always upsize bases.

Quote Originally Posted by Farseer_Orso View Post
    Remember, with the exception of Canis, you can always upsize bases.
    You can but it would be in line with the game mechanics...it's like saying I'll put Mephiston on a dreadnaught/terminator base.

The reason the bases are different sizes is because I believe that a larger base would allow a larger number of basetobase contacts...

Please correct me if I'm wrong

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by musical-fool View Post
    You can but it would be in line with the game mechanics...it's like saying I'll put Mephiston on a dreadnaught/terminator base.

The reason the bases are different sizes is because I believe that a larger base would allow a larger number of basetobase contacts...

Please correct me if I'm wrong
    You are indead correct sir,

But i feel i must point out in the rule book it says that they must be monted on the bases that they were supplied with (never had anyone complain to me as all my character models are on 40mm scenic bases but you never know)

Quote Originally Posted by SotonShades View Post
    When FW originally released them, they sent them out with the 40mm round bases, which you will see on the website pictures. Hopwever as cavalry they should be on the bike/cavalry bases, so FW recieved a few complaints and were more or less forced to change it, I think around 6 months ago.

So yes, they should be on the bases you have for gaming purposes.
    Went back and read again - I guess they are staying on the cav bases - thanks SotonShades!

/M
    Last edited by Mananarepublic; 03-12-2011 at 03:04 AM.

Update: consolidating posts