BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreadknight

I wen't down yesterday to se the new models and I have to say, that the Dreadknight is so over the top awesome! So dynamic and intimidating. I totally agree that the first blurred pictures made it look ackward, but in real life, it is a winner - no doubt about it.

First-Captain

Im defo planning to turn it into an inquisition vehicle, with a henchman pilot, make it look like some mining equipment or lumberjack equipment 'aquired' on the way to a bust up.

U can tell i wanna do inquisition army over a GK army
    For the Greater good.

Brother-Sergeant

i want to daemon it up for my upcoming soul forge army, and my friend wants to make it into an iron warriors daemon prince too. if they won't share it, then we'll bloody well take it from them.
    Life becomes so much more tolerable when you finally admit that it's all part of Tzeentch's plan.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by justsam View Post
    i want to daemon it up for my upcoming soul forge army, and my friend wants to make it into an iron warriors daemon prince too. If they won't share it, then we'll bloody well take it from them.
    glory to the dark gods, brother!
    Step forth and be recognized.
    No mercy. No pity. No hope.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by BuFFo View Post
    The model is nice, I don't doubt that.

It is the concept that is stupid.
    Agree 100% however to me the model looks corny and yay how many years we gotta wait til every marine army is stomping around in some new armoured body suit, maybe in a couple years they'll have gundams.
    Battle Sisters Record 2012 2/0/0
    Empire Record 2012 1/0/3

Adeptus Custodes

Thanks madman but I meant to the youtube vid.

I saw one in real life today- it was a little smaller than I imagined but it was only partially assembled.

The powerpack on the back is very similar to a Dreads- same style smoke stacks. Curiously it had a mechanium skull symbol on the back which seems counter the fluff
    More Necromunda please.

Chaplain

When I first saw the pic I thought WOW!
    But now I have sen it in close detail I think its really UGLY & I am a GK player who has lusted after some new shiney stuff.
    I will NOT be buying this one!
    Regards Barry H. "the Emperor Protects!"

Brother-Sergeant

Well, even if you're not into that model, there are definitely some new and fun units to play around with.

Now, as an Ork player, I see that model and really, really want to loot one.

so, a marine decided to train in how to pilot an exosuit.

Did someone at GW watch Avatar and go 'ooh hey, let's do that!'?

Chaplain

Default function over form?

It's a perfect example of that old saying "function over form" - The Dreadknight looks pretty damn cool, but for overall feasability, the Drednought is a bit more realistic.

When the Ordos were designing this thing someone said "Hey guys! I gotta great idea! Lets stick the driver on the OUTSIDE!" A large rocket to nearly anything on this sucker would most likely kill the driver instantly. Imagine if the driving controls for a tank were all on the outside.

Love the model, looking forward to converting one into a Deff Dred, but overall, a very silly concept.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast