BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Codex prices indicating what is next?

Just looking at the 40k codex page on the GW website...
    Some are £17.50, some are £12...

And previously the Dark Eldar one was £12 before the new release, and weren't the DH and WH codexes £12 before they were made pdf-for-free?

So would I be correct in thinking those that are £17.50 aren't going to be changed? and that the £12 ones are next for update?

Which would leave Necrons, SoB, Tau and Black Templars... which could fit in to the Imperial/Xenos/Imperial etc pattern?

How far of the mark is the idle speculation likely to be?

Chaplain

I think you are probably right about this, I mean more money for the GW the better in their eyes. However after seeing the all colour harback orks and goblins dex, that could be a dark omen for what awaits the next dex...
    Master Bryss and I build conversions IN A SHED. WITH CLIPPERS N' GLUE!
    Hi, I'm Titans newest recruit. PREPARE TO BE PURGED!!!

Chaplain

Yeah, the 3e codices and early 4e ones are cheaper because they are smaller and probably less demand for them. When Codex: Space Marines first came out, it cost quite a bit more than the others. Over the last two years, however, it has remained about the same while the rest have gone up quite a bit. So, yes, the new codices will be $29 until 6e comes out or GW decides to raise the prices even more.

The 3rd and 4th ed books were cheaper, because they were smaller books. The books we have not are larger and containe more fluff.

They didn't have the stupid "Bestiary" section giving the fluff on each unit, and that it's only point is to list a units Special rules not on the same page as it's entry.

=/

Case in point it the Eldar and Chaos books. They are 4th ed books, but they have the Bestiary section, and the larger price to go with that.
    Last edited by Lockark; 03-13-2011 at 09:13 PM.