BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default 1850 Mechdar list for tourny

Please be harsh. My original plan was to have a squad of War walkers with 6 SL, but i cant get the models in time so i had to replace that squad with a fireprism and i tweaked my list to get another scoring unit in there.

1850 points on the dot.

HQ

Seer Council on Jet bikes
    1 Farseer Doom, Fortune, Spirit Stones, Runes of Warding, Runes of Witnessing, Jetbike and singing spear.

5 Warlocks 1 with enhance 4 with destructor all on jetbikes

Elite

(2) Fire Dragons x5 and Wave serpent with SL, SCAN and Spirit Stones

Troops

(3) Dire Avengers (1 6 man squad, 2 5 man squads) all 3 of them in wave serpents with SL SCAN and spirit stones

Heavy Support

(3) Fire Prisms 1 with spirit stones

What is the purpose of the seer council? If AT drop doom for guide and drop the Stones from the FP to give all your locks spears.

Other than that I like the list... though I would test it a few times vs a ML heavy SW list...

Librarian

Find the points somewhere to get spirit stones on the fire prisims. Heck I'd even say that 2 holo-field prisisms are worth 3 non holo-field prisims.

There is a lack of high strength ranged anti-tank. I don't think that it should be much of a problem for this list, but fire dragons are esssientially suicide squads that put your skimmers into melta / assault range when they deploy. So long as you don't run into Land Raiders you should be good.

Quote Originally Posted by SaganGree View Post
    What is the purpose of the seer council? If AT drop doom for guide and drop the Stones from the FP to give all your locks spears.

Other than that I like the list... though I would test it a few times vs a ML heavy SW list...
    The Seer Council is mostly there to kill whatever their elite unit is. as they are one of the more survivable units in the game. and IMO dropping doom would be a big mistake. the range of most my units are 24-36 inches.

also if i try to find the points for Stones on my other prisms it juts wont happen. they should be getting cover every turn unless the terrain is garbage. I also use my WS as shields. I put my FB on the taller bases and the WS on the shorter bases for the extra bit of LOS.