BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
    Librarian

Default 6th edition changes you would like?

Well with a rumour for 6th edition next year what rule changes would you like to see and what would you want to keep.

Personally I like the TLOS rules and want them to stay but the cover system should be modified. I would love to see a you move i move system introduced however as i feel that would flow a lot better and feel more engaging and cinematic.

So what are your views?

Librarian

I think high AP weapons should apply negative modifiers to cover saves, myself.
    Let the Galaxy burn.

Veteran-Sergeant

Id like to see deep striking become less risky. Perhaps I just have no stomach for risk. Or perhaps allow armies oter than SM first round deep strike deployment.

a rule that requires showering before attending tournaments or the game shop?
    You scare me, wolf-brothers. You scare EVERYTHING.-Ahmad Ibn Rustah, skjald of Tra http://grayhartswarclown.blogspot.com/

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Whoop! View Post
    a rule that requires showering before attending tournaments or the game shop?
    Hear hear!

Also, I'd like it if the distinction between offensive and defensive weapons could be tweaked...

Like only Heavy weapons are offensive - everything else is defensive.
    That might just be me, though. :P
    Let the Galaxy burn.

Quote Originally Posted by Connjurus View Post
    I think high AP weapons should apply negative modifiers to cover saves, myself.
    I'd rather it be that cover work like FNP (a roll in addition to your armor/invulnerable), but the base cover would be lower.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Lemt View Post
    I'd rather it be that cover work like FNP (a roll in addition to your armor/invulnerable), but the base cover would be lower.
    I think as far as realism goes you r right, but lets not make power armor that much more powerful!
    You scare me, wolf-brothers. You scare EVERYTHING.-Ahmad Ibn Rustah, skjald of Tra http://grayhartswarclown.blogspot.com/

Librarian

What about weapons over strength 7 ignoring cover saves?

Librarian

I don't know about "ignoring"...the BRB makes the careful distinction of cover doing two things - absorbing the hits that would hit your little guys, and making it so that the people shooting at your little guys don't quite know exactly where they are, so the shots are still fired, they just miss.

After all, popping smoke won't block an autocannon shot, but it makes your tank a lot harder to see, hence the 4+ cover save.
    Let the Galaxy burn.

Librarian

Also, HQ choices should be able to make all their available saves, damn it.

Or at least Special Characters. Not that the lack of that rule particularly affects me, seeing as how my friends and I have houseruled that in anyway.
    Let the Galaxy burn.

Chapter-Master

Don't want the fliers rules in the main game, keep them to Apoc

The LoS/area terrain, cover needs clarifying more simply for all those idiots out there who play "I'm behind this piece of razor wire, 4+ save for me!" or "You're in a building, but since theres no terrain between my guys and your you get no save"

I want to see the remove from play mechanics get better regulated and fairer, like getting saves (that won't happen thanks to the codices with this in though)

On a personal note for my armies, improvements to skimmers would be nice, after the nerf bat in 5th.

Sure there are others
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast