BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Battle-Brother

Default Servo-skulls- not enough love.

I've been thinking lately that the humble Servo-skull doesn't get much limelight. They may be a little pointless but I've recently gotten addicted to painting them.

I found 5 in my Bitz Box and thought I'd just add them to my Imperial Guard as a bit of fun. However after painting the 1st, I became obsessed and since then I've spent all of today just randomly painting them all up.

I know they're not the most impressive of minis with no fancy weaponry or shiny armour, but sometimes the simplest of things can be the most interesting...

(since these photos were taken the bases were finished and the 5th one has been completed)

Cosmic

Librarian

I've written rules for "Servo-Skull Swarms" for my fiancee's custom AdMech army, three skulls per base - there are three kinds:

Las-Skulls
    Close-Combat Skulls
    AND MELTA SKULLS

The melta-skulls are basically 3 Servo-Skulls that carry melta-bombs and throw themselves at tanks and blow up.
    Let the Galaxy burn.

Librarian

I can definately recommend the forgeworld servo skulls then! they are cool, i grabbed a few of them for my doomsday device for a recent big weekend game, they're fiddly trying to get the tiny arms to glue, but worth the effort!
    Conscription in the Lucky 88th
    http://lucky88th.blogspot.com

Adeptus Custodes

Connjurus

theres mention of servo skulls armed with bolt weaponry being used in an assassination attempt on ciaphas cain in one of his books
    More Necromunda please.

Chaplain

[url]http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=4302&highlight=fade_74&page=9[/url]
    I made a psycher battle squad outta mine lol. BTW to all the people who used to follow my painting thread..im back at it...new pics to come!

I like sticking them in my around my dreadnoughts feet it really adds to the models appearence

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Grailkeeper View Post
    Connjurus

theres mention of servo skulls armed with bolt weaponry being used in an assassination attempt on ciaphas cain in one of his books
    That's where I got the idea from, originally - that, and there were three of them, weren't they?
    Let the Galaxy burn.

Veteran-Sergeant

Very nicely done, they look great. I've always liked the humble servo skull myself. I used to use them as objective markers for my IG, however with the new Grey Knights book they will be seeing the table with my Inquisitors.
    Age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill, however nothing beats rolling all sixes.

Battle-Brother

Thanks for all the suggestions

Servo-skulls should definitely have a bigger role to play in the game.

Battle-Brother

Well, they're now done .....

Good old servo-skulls, and here they are mixed in with my Guard..

Cosmic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast