BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Chaplain

Default Sisters of Battle pics

So here they are finally, give your opinions please good or bad criticism is wanted

The first is my favourite and most recent model, also the only sister currently using the Baal Wash which I now prefer more than the old Red Ink, she has the most time spent at roughly six hours . The Rhino is also freshly done with the Wash instead of ink, it's brother is inked haven't put it's name decal on yet but will soon. Next up the Immolator...not alot to say about it, it depressing me in game play alot XD, followed by command squad included this to give an idea what the basic sister looks like even though theres only one in the unit and the Canoness of the army she got an awesome kill number (for a battle sister). Welp can't add any more but I will be putting up more pics in the future still got two exorcists to finish XD.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CSC_0445.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	72.6 KB 
ID:	1048   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CSC_0441.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	1049   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CSC_0443.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	1050   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CSC_0450.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	155.8 KB 
ID:	1051   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CSC_0452.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	110.4 KB 
ID:	1052  

Battle Sisters Record 2012 2/0/0
    Empire Record 2012 1/0/3

Librarian

Oh wow, these are stunning, you are an artist. How did you get all that detail on your banner though, it almost looks like its real writing.

Chaplain

Battle Sister Decal comes with some parchment writing just cut it out and fit it to the banner, wasn't daring enough to free hand XD got a friend teaching me how to do that.
    Empire Record 2012 1/0/3

Very nice, now you just have to translate that 6 hour paint time into army completion mode. For me personally that would be 6 hour time to 5:45 lol.

Very nice, liking your black highlights; smooth and well done!

If I may give you some feedback? I too have recenly started experimenting with washes over large, flat surfaces on vehicles. The issue (and a minor one at that) is the brush strokes that wash can leave on large surfaces. It is a minute detail, but I found that a great way to avoid brush strokes drying in the wash is to do one panel/section of the tank at a time. That way you are separating what gets washed when, and you can cover all the areas with smooth, consistent (and hopefully stroke free) wash.

I find that when attempting to wash too large an area at the same time the wash gets too thin and can leave marks. Hope this helps! Great stuff!
    For the Empire-----CHARGE!!!!!!!!!

Chapter-Master

nice! red+ white are fantastic

you may want to touch up on the cloaks and flesh as

a) whist extreme highlights are good for gun casing the cloaks need to be a wee bit smoother, if your wanting to spend time to do a quick blend, if not GW washes are your friend ! :P

b) the skin for battle sisters should be painted diffrent than normal GW skin (aka old men with scars) possibly a lighter shade, thinner paints and smoother blends should help!

very nice models!

-fuzz
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Chaplain

Thanks for the comments XD, as for the faces I'm still working on faces (one of my lesser paiting skills, should see some of my originals they never leave the box XD), I have a large dislike of light or soft shades and prefer only using one or two bright colours to draw eyes to the model (white and blue). Anyways I am curious as to the black tabards how would I achieve a layered black? I was thinking a black basecoat with a 1:2 mix of chaos black and codex grey as layer followed by codex grey highlight with a bedab black wash?

Anyways heres a close up of the canoness, used her again tonight and she added a nurgle lord to her kill total, true she charged him and cheated passing a faith test to increase STR +2 and an INVUL of 2+ XD. And, finally Celestine this was the first Special Character I've painted XD.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CSC_0454.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	80.3 KB 
ID:	1053   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CSC_0456.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	75.1 KB 
ID:	1054  
    Empire Record 2012 1/0/3

Librarian

your skin painting can use a little work, but the models themself look great