BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What to Read Next ...

So I've read a few of the Black Library 40K books and found them enjoyable so far ... can someone recommend the next series or multiple series I should consider? I've read the following (everything in each series so far):

Horus Hearsy novels
    Cain novels (really enjoy the dry humour in these)
    Blood Angels - 2 book omnibus
    Uriel Ventris Ultramarines books

I'm looking for the next set of books to distract my brain

Thanks - Dunedon

I'm reading the Dawn of War Blood Ravens Trilogy at the moment...... Its quite good.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Scout

Storm of Iron was a good read, but you should really look into the Gaunt's Ghosts and Eisenhorn series both are great.

if you have read the Uriel Ventris Ultramarines books i highly recommend storm of iron as was already mentioned. you get more backround on Honsou.

soul drinkers books were good. some better than others.

just got the first salamanders book. so far very good

I would recommend the Gaunts Ghosts Omnibus'. There are two, the first with three books and the second with 4. Its worth the price and Dan Abnett is an excellent author.

I'd definitely dive into the Gaunt's Ghosts novels if you haven't read them. I just picked up Salamander a few days ago but I haven't started it yet.

Veteran-Sergeant

Without a shadow of a doubt get reading Dan Abnett's stuff. Guant's Ghosts, Eisenhorn (followed by Ravenor) Brothers of the Snake further down the line.

As Ragan says the omnibus collections are great value for money.
    I personally rate the soul drinkers books over the Blood angels books.

If you really want some classic fluff on them selves of yours - Horus Heresy Collected Visions- more pictures but something to read.

Chapter-Master

I'd consider Cornwell's "Sharpe", or Scarrow's "Eagle" series,

what? 40k? ok lol Yeah the 3 Abnett series, and the soul drinkers should have you sorted for a couple of weeks...

I enjoyed the Eisenhorn books very much. It helps give a glimpse of the Imperium that isn't totally battlecrazed. Its a great read if your ever interested in the Warhammer 40k RPG if you ever think about getting into that as well.

I just finished "salamander" by Nick Kyme. It is actually really a good read. It started fairly slow but developed well, and set up the three or four main characters for the next book.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast