BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default Hints from the April White Dwarf

Well, I have just finished the April White Dwarf, and there have been some in interesting hints.

- The big one, the one that will most interest everyone, is this quote from Matt Ward:

"On a more serious note, the inclusion of the Inquisition and other Imperial Agents adds variation and brings in a vary different flavour with some of the more exotic wargear. This, in turn, will hopefully follow through on some other projects I am working on."

This is where it ends. Possibly Sisters of Battle or a full Inquisition codex...?

If it's by Matt Ward fans of the above must be looking forward to their codex of insane units (Probably some kind of woman made of gold with 20 swords and a gun sticking out from her abdomen which fires ten thousand shots. Per turn.)

Other interesting things include:

- Jes Goodwin supervised the look of the models.
    - A lot of the idea's in the Sanguinary Guard boxset were used as a test for the reception to the idea's for the Grey Knights.
    - There were hints for a second mave consisting mainly of Inqusition troops, although this could just be linked to the above Matt Ward quote.
    Souls. Yum.

Adeptus Custodes

Fingers crossed for arbites (long shot)
    More Necromunda please.

Quote Originally Posted by Grailkeeper View Post
    Fingers crossed for arbites (long shot)
    Can't you kinda do that already with the GK codex and henchmen?

Thanks. Interesting stuff. I wish they would do video "designer notes" like Forgeworld has done.

After hearing the new rules for the Deamon weapons in the grey knight book, makes me wounder what CSM can expect.
    Last edited by Lockark; 03-17-2011 at 11:28 PM.

You can sort of do Arbites using Henchmen or IG but I suspect that building them using options would work out more expensive than a unit designed/ tested in that configuration.

Arbites could be done with IG vets in carapace armor and shotguns with GL as a special weapon.

They could also be done as henchmen with carapace armor and bolters.

Crusaders with storm shield and power weapon are the closest to Arbites with supression shield and shock maul but not quite right.

If GW made an army list with Arbites they could test them as equipped instead of averaging in options that do not apply (such as flak armor and lasguns, or gun servitors and weapon smiths).

I can see Arbites with three types of squads, basic, defensive/ HtH and support.
    All squads have carapace armor and IG Vet stats armed with hand weapon and Shotgun.

Shotguns would be 12" S4 AP- assault 2

The basic squad (sgt +4-9) - any model may trade shotgun for bolter, 1 -2 models may trade shotgun for flamer or grenade launcher.

Defensive squads (sgt + 4-9) - Any model could swap Shotgun and or hand weapon for Suppression Shield or Bolt Pistol or Shock Maul.

Support squads (sgt + 4-9) - bolters instead of shotguns. Up to two special/ heavy weapons . Options would be GL, Flamer, melta, hvy bolter, auto cannon, missile launcher, hvy flamer.

Shock Maul - Rending.

Suppression shields - powerfull shock generators combined with close order drills make it more difficult for opponents to strike the Arbites. For each model in the squad with a shield reduce the enemy attacking WS by 1 to a minimum of 1. Enemy WS is not affected for determining the Arbites roll to hit.

Veteran-Sergeant

I don't reckon a full inquisition codex will come out, but the hint could be sisters of battle or even alien hunters, at a stretch.

First-Captain

I would assume that its referencing new models with the 'exotic equipment'
    or it refers to non inqusition, such maybe as tau. After all nothing screams exotic like tau
    For the Greater good.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    You can sort of do Arbites using Henchmen or IG but I suspect that building them using options would work out more expensive than a unit designed/ tested in that configuration.

Arbites could be done with IG vets in carapace armor and shotguns with GL as a special weapon.

They could also be done as henchmen with carapace armor and bolters.

Crusaders with storm shield and power weapon are the closest to Arbites with supression shield and shock maul but not quite right.

If GW made an army list with Arbites they could test them as equipped instead of averaging in options that do not apply (such as flak armor and lasguns, or gun servitors and weapon smiths).

I can see Arbites with three types of squads, basic, defensive/ HtH and support.
    All squads have carapace armor and IG Vet stats armed with hand weapon and Shotgun.

Shotguns would be 12" S4 AP- assault 2

The basic squad (sgt +4-9) - any model may trade shotgun for bolter, 1 -2 models may trade shotgun for flamer or grenade launcher.

Defensive squads (sgt + 4-9) - Any model could swap Shotgun and or hand weapon for Suppression Shield or Bolt Pistol or Shock Maul.

Support squads (sgt + 4-9) - bolters instead of shotguns. Up to two special/ heavy weapons . Options would be GL, Flamer, melta, hvy bolter, auto cannon, missile launcher, hvy flamer.

Shock Maul - Rending.

Suppression shields - powerfull shock generators combined with close order drills make it more difficult for opponents to strike the Arbites. For each model in the squad with a shield reduce the enemy attacking WS by 1 to a minimum of 1. Enemy WS is not affected for determining the Arbites roll to hit.
    Yes, but how many more units will be in this codex beyond this core force? Maybe some Rhinos for transports, Russes as heavy support, speeders as FA and maybe some animal servitors as CC elites option. But thats about it. Not really anywhere close to making it worth a dedicated codex.

You can do a pretty good proxy army using the Grey Knights already. I think that's about as good as you can realistically expect it to get.

So now we have Codex's for Black, Green, Red, Grey, Silver and Chaos Space Marines? Perhaps More Space Marines, this time with breasts and cleavage, will help diversify the range?

Possibly more Imperial material on the way? [yawn]
    Last edited by Maelstorm; 03-18-2011 at 07:52 AM.
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." ~ T. Pratchett

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast