BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Battle-Brother

Default I'd pay $75 for the 6th edition book if ...

I would like to see everything in one book. I really enjoy browsing through my Fantasy book.

I'd like Apocalypse, Spearhead, City Fight, Planet Strike, etc. all to be in the one book.

I would love to see all the stats, weapons, and FOC for each race. Fine, leave the point costs out, and stay with the codex system, but put tons of fluff in there, and I ought to be able to get a great feel for all the other races from this one book, without having to buy the enemy codex. All the psychic abilities could be in there.

I would love that...

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyC View Post
    I'd like Apocalypse, Spearhead, City Fight, Planet Strike, etc. all to be in the one book.
    I agree that all the current supliments should be in the next edition rule book.

They also need to unify the special scenarios rules wise. A building/ bunker/ bastion should work the same in any game. Integrate the rules so you can play Planet Strike Apocalypse, Spearhead City Fight, etc. Even if they published a a separate book with the special scenarios the basic rules for each should still be in the main rules.

I would also like to see 6th ed 40k include Battle Missions. They could also work in an expanded Kill Team scenario and maybe the basics for a Necromunda style game.

Brother-Sergeant

Agreed on your accounts. But I'd hope for a miniature rulebook to come with the starter set. As much as I love the giant rulebook, fitting the little one into an army case is far more convenient than a gigantic multihundred page hardcover book. That belongs on the bookshelf or at the household gaming table, rather than the FLGS (which is where I usually play).

In the big book, I would really like to see a segment (even a small chunk of it) of the book dedicated to hobby tutorials. Even more, I really miss those chapters of a Codex that would showcase the Eavy Metal team's techniques for tackling X or Y.

Battle-Brother

i'd pay $75 if it had. . . .

1. Lots and lots of fluff on stuff not address throughly

2. really cool showcase armies with tutorials on how they did that certain effect.

3. And finally just really thought through and good scenarios.

Chapter-Master

If they included a full unit or two from my army, of my choice. $75 is far, far too much for a book that I only want for rules.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Librarian

it would be nice to see them bring back the 3rd. ed. missions, but update their rules. there were like 10 to 15 missions that were "Standard" missions. i don't have my book on hand at the moment to count but there was A LOT more then 3...

you had Battles, Ambushes, and War(i think) missions and you had to roll to see which one you got. Also, the mission would alter what the defender and attack had for FOC slots. It was tons of fun and really changed how armies worked, with the restrictions and stuff.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by He who shall not be named View Post
    i'd pay $75 if it had. . . .

1. Lots and lots of fluff on stuff not address throughly

2. really cool showcase armies with tutorials on how they did that certain effect.

3. And finally just really thought through and good scenarios.
    *COUGH 4rth ed 40k *COUGH*

ahhh painting tuts, battle patrol, 10+ missions, 2 building templates, LOTS of fluff, campaigns... ahhhhh
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel_Fish View Post
    In the big book, I would really like to see a segment (even a small chunk of it) of the book dedicated to hobby tutorials. Even more, I really miss those chapters of a Codex that would showcase the Eavy Metal team's techniques for tackling X or Y.
    I think the hobby tutorials are best left for a separate book or the Codex. They could fill several rule book size tomes with just basic hobby skills. Look at How to paint Citadel miniatures, space marines, citadel tanks, build war gaming terrain. By combining you could cut down about 1 - 1 1/2 books but most of it is painting. When you add in modeling skills, conversions, basic sculpting etc you could easily fill two books the size of WHFB.

The showcase armies belong with the Codex. They may have some pictures in the main book but details belong in the codex.

Chapter-Master

I would love to agree about getting the missions back from 3rd Ed. and folding them back in to 6th, but we still have them... they are all in Battlemissions, just with a slight twist to favour the army they are under for unbalanced games. Ok I can understand people don't want to pay an extra £18 for something that should be in the main rulebook but there is a reason they aren't included!

Back in 3rd Ed we had all those missions but we never played them. Having a different FOC and stepping away from the more streamlined main three or so missions. Different FOC also meant you couldn't just play them as pick up games as no one had lists for them. Same reason you can't so easilly play planetstrike, city fight or spearhead without preparing a specific list and planning with your opponant ahead of time.

On the one hand I would really love to see these kind of games included in the main rulebook, but I also don't want to lose pages to missions that aren't going to get used. I would prefer to see the hobby sections back, along with inspiration such as the Eavy Metal armies and conversions.
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

Chaplain

If ...

ALL of the army lists were included in the book, pre-codex update (like 3rd ed. Yes, I know, 3rd ed had to do it that way because of how the core rules had changed. This would at least give ALL armies the same levelling out at edition start. SM would get buffed a month later, but still.).

It was printed on rolled gold leaf, with ink made from the bleeding of Jervis dry.

The prices they charge for some of their books, they may as well be printed on gold leaf.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast