BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default School League Army lists?

I have just started a Dark Eldar army (Kabal of The Baleful Gaze), and my school is part of the School League. So I decided to make a 600 point army to join in, can I ask you the people of Bell of Lost Souls your opinion of my list :L? (while noting, you are only aloud 1 Elite choice and also your only aloud 1 Fast Attack or Heavy Support choice)

"Haemonculus: 50 points + Liquefier gun: 10 points + Mindphase Gauntlet: 10 points = 70 points(total)

ELITES

Incubi Squad (5): 110 points (total)
    TROOPS

Wyches (10): 100 points + (Hekatrix + Hydra gauntlets): 20 points + Raider (Dedicated transport): 60 points = 180 points (total)

Kabalite Warriors (10): 90 points + (Sybarite + Power weapon): 20 points + Dark Lance: 25 points = 135 points (total)

HEAVY SUPPORT
    Ravager: 105 points (total)

Last edited by Corvus-Master-of-The-4th; 03-23-2011 at 12:38 AM.

Veteran-Sergeant

Incubi Squads are a waste of points, kabalite trueborn with DLs,splinter cannons or shredders etc is how i run in small games, 9 of them with the haemon in a raider....try it. its fun.
    Independently targeting particle beam phalanx. Vwap! Fry half a city with this puppy.

I see your point... But in every game my Incubi have destroyed the enemy on their own, cutting through space marines like Ice cream :L. But I will try that build, see how it goes

Brother-Sergeant

Edit the stats out. It's a violation of GW's copyright and can get the site in legal trouble.

As for the list. I'd suggest giving the Incubi the Raider, they need it. Also, put a Flickerfield on the raider, it's going to draw attention.

Change the Warrior's equipment to a naked sybarite, just for leadership, and a splinter cannon. The power weapon will barely help in assault, and the dark lance is really expensive. This way they're focused on killing infantry.

I'd also suggest dropping the wyches for another warrior squad.

Give the Ravager all dark lances for hunting tanks and let the warriors worry about infantry. If this leaves you with some extra points then add more incubi.

Oh I didn't know that :S. Thanks.

Fair enough, I have never used the Power weapon in combat anyways, so it was a probable drop anyways :L. Intresting idea with the change for the Splinter Cannon. Why do you reckon dropping the Wyche's though? But i'll also try this out. Thanks again

Librarian

the Haemo is doing his job just fine without the scissorhands. Set him aside for shooting, it may even be worth jumping him out so that he leaves the squad he is with and doesn't end up a liability in CC. Put him with the Incubi as a really durable unit or the Wyches to make them live longer. Consider, if you can, using the ten points to try fitting the Hekatrix with an Agonizer. She will turn into a mini-HQ and the power weapon will be more useful than a totally random D6 attacks.

you don't need flickerfields on your Raider if it is carrying a CC unit. You may wish for nightshields, as dropping off a CC unit requires that you get pretty close to your opponent and you don't want a barrage of bolters or triple melta vets killing your tank before you can get it into their face!

Ahh you seemed to have sussed my tactics it would seem, as I was planning on putting him in the Incubi unit purely for the Feel no Pain. Oh and do you mean the Mindphase Gauntlet? As I haven't given him Scissorhands atm :L. But yeah that makes sense, I could give the Agoniser to the Hekatrix from a straight swap (Removing Hydra Gauntlets and Mindphase Gauntlet). While if I swap out the power weapon I could give the Radier Night Shields?

Librarian

Power weapon for nightshields would be an excellent tradeoff. A power weapon is still going to be only S3 until you manage to kill at least two units. That means wounding marines on 5 and guard on 4. In each case, you'll have better luck kitting out the CC units with better CC gear and letting your Warriors do their job and shoot at everything they see.

Thanks for the advice. I'll see how it goes on Friday (League night)