BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Default Horus Heresy continues

I'm sure I'm not the first to notice this, but the next Horus Heresy Novel is up for pre-order and release on the 23rd of April;

[URL="http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=&prodId=prod900069a"]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=&prodId=prod900069a[/URL]

It looks like we are finally on to Horus's march on Terra. The cover art looks amazing, as we've come to expect. Looks like an Imperial Fist under the fallen primarch's sole too, which I didn't think happenned until the Battle at the Emporer's Palace. Very much looking forward to it
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by SotonShades View Post
    I'm sure I'm not the first to notice this, but the next Horus Heresy Novel is up for pre-order and release on the 23rd of April;

[URL="http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=&prodId=prod900069a"]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=&prodId=prod900069a[/URL]

It looks like we are finally on to Horus's march on Terra. The cover art looks amazing, as we've come to expect. Looks like an Imperial Fist under the fallen primarch's sole too, which I didn't think happenned until the Battle at the Emporer's Palace. Very much looking forward to it

This is a short story collection taking place during the 7 year period between the Drop Site Massacre and the Siege of Terra if I recall.

First-Captain

Looks good, Sadly im yet to prowl into the heresy series, tho I do have a question for those who read it.
    In the chaos codex it mentions at istaan that the 3 legions get annialated yet in the BT codex the 3 legions involved and their primarchs who were at the land fall, were arguing over the Codex Astartes? so what happened?
    For the Greater good.

They get a major a$$ kicking and are beaten badly. I think the primarchs survive (with the exception of one) and there are probably some scattered elements of the legions that couldn't get back in time for the attack.

Fulgrim is the most relevant book for this (and is one of the best in the series)

Brother-Captain

Yeah, the first three books lead up to the Istvaan virus-bombing (the moment that Horus' treachery is out in the open), the fourth book starts a little before the third book and shows what happens when some loyalist members of the traitor legions witness the virus-bombing and try to get a warning back to Terra.

The fifth book, Fulgrim, starts very early on and ends with the Drop Site Massacre, where 7 legions of marines are sent to deal with Horus, but it turns out it's a trap as 4 of those legions are traitors and the 3 loyal legions that get sent are almost completely wiped out, and one of them loses their primarch.

Fulgrim ends on a really down note. (great book, just really sad, heh)

Chapter-Master

Two out of the 3 primarchs do indeed survive Istvaan (i won't say which to avoid spoliers unless you want to know). The Raven Guard, Iron Hands and Salamanders legions all survive, although in a severely diminished form and play no further effective part in the Heresy. The audio drama Raven's Flight also expands on this, as I imagine will the recently announced Deliverance Lost which we get some time next year (check out the Black Library site for the awesome cover art).

First-Captain

I think its the raven guard primark that dies,
    For the Greater good.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    I think its the raven guard primark that dies,
    well you have a 1/3 chance of being right.

psst. you arent =P

I can't get past page 100 of the first book. I don't see how great this is suppose to be. Please tell me it does get better.
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

Brother-Captain

I dunno what to tell you, man. The first book in the Heresy grabbed me almost immediately and I was pretty much blown away.

I had been used to reading the novels for Magic: The Gathering as far as game-based stories before that, so my expectations for a novel based on a licensed IP (especially one from a game) were pretty low.
    I know a lot of people like to rag on the Black Library books a lot of the time, but...
    Warhammer fans are a very...we shall say 'picky' bunch in general. I don't think many of them realize how good they've got it as far as novel adaptations of their game are concerned.

Sorry to hear it's not grabbing you the way it grabbed me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast