BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It Has Begun

It shows how GW thinks about their audience. I have been arguing for a couple years that Ard Boyz should be more global. Imo, it's the most pure gaming sessions I've experienced playing any GW game. You really have to be firing on all cylinders to finish on top. No relying your opponent's weak list. It's an awesome challenge

But there are players who, for whatever their personal reasons, hate Ard' boyz. Maybe GW thinks the British players can't handle a gift/tourney such as this without rioting in the streets.

Chapter-Master

or possibly england dosnt do ard biyz because
    a) its a smaller country
    b) wargames are less mainstream
    c) all the warhammerworld tourneys ive seen pics of the armys are nicely painted, all the ardboysz ones arnt
    D) brittish are less competitive
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

First-Captain

Right the british are less competative???? Fuzz I dare u come down devon way... Plenty of us here, and Warhammer started in Britain so we deserve decent events
    For the Greater good.

Lol good stuff, the gauntlet hath been thrown.

A couple practice games playing scenario #3 has proven to be devastating to warmachines.

Brother-Captain

Not so much about UK being less competative, but more about us Americans being more in it for the reward.

A trophy leads to bragging rights, a good yelling match and a make up chat over a pint.....(sterotype UK style)

A prize of a new army leads to more purchases to accompany that prize and thus mroe sales and more taunting and trash talking.... (sterotype US style).

Give me the beer any day...

although, with only two competitors for Ard Boys at my FLGS, I took second and got a great prize.... can't beat that (nor could I beat the other guy).

John M.

First-Captain

I dnt care about a trophy, I can make one up from a nearby store for £10/
    However I want my 3000 point full metal army

And yes I would chose a valhallan or trueborn guard army, just to get my monies worth.
    For the Greater good.

Finals Scenarios:

[url]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?catId=&categoryId=400002a&section=comm unity&pIndex=3&aId=3900019a&start=4&multiPageMode= true[/url]

After some practice games using these scenarios...I'm on my 5th version of my army list. Anyone else?

Brother-Sergeant

Only 5? I haven't even playtested any of them, just reading them and constantly tweaking my list! Although none of the scenarios will really effect WoC much, they are actually pretty good for my normal build. I ran 3 Hellcannons last year and was going to go with a Chosen Star this year, but I think I'll save that for the semi-finals. I'm just going to run big blocks of warriors with the appropriate support this year...doesn't even look cheesy!

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    awww why do americans get GW tournies about skill, with prize support and britain gets Skull of thrones with a tiny trophy and the best general of the day may not win
    Come to America! We have the best ****! And the shortest memories!
    You scare me, wolf-brothers. You scare EVERYTHING.-Ahmad Ibn Rustah, skjald of Tra http://grayhartswarclown.blogspot.com/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast