BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by wkz View Post
    Also: Is it common sense to automatically assume GW is a piece of crap writer of rules? Because that is what RAI does: assume the rules are different from what is written, as it is wrongly worded from the actual Intention.

If yes, does it mean we can just simply ignore anything that disagrees with us? Note that, although honorable in its intent, this is a very dangerous road to be walking down... sorta like getting tempted by the forces of Chaos..."
    Well I'm pretty sure that's what the most important rule actaully says.

Quote Originally Posted by Gir View Post
    Well I'm pretty sure that's what the most important rule actaully says.
    Wrong. That's not what the most important rule says. The most important rule says: If there's disputes and arguments, resolve it in the name of fun.

It does NOT say "RAI gets a free pass on everything because I feel the rules are wrong from GW's actual intent."
    Last edited by wkz; 04-28-2011 at 10:44 PM.
    Spam is considered to be a delicacy in parts of England. For local approximations, consider fine foods such as Beluga Caviar, truffles, or foie gras. - Actual GW website quote

Librarian

I meant that the most important rule states that they know there is/will be problems with the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Gir View Post
    I meant that the most important rule states that they know there is/will be problems with the rules.
    The most important rule section says something similar to: "due to the complexity of the rules.... interpretation of the rules... there will be conflict... solve THAT in the name of having fun."

There is no single sentence in there that says "... we write crap rules. Have a nice day..."

(And before it begins: "Also: Is it common sense to automatically assume GW is a piece of crap writer of rules? Because that is what RAI does: assume the rules are different from what is written, as it is wrongly worded from the actual Intention... If yes, does it mean we can just simply ignore anything that disagrees with us?" is what I've written.

And that is NOT the most important rule. However, it DOES mean "... the rulebook does not mean what it says!! GW can't even put their idea correctly on paper!!"

Or maybe you might need to highlight what exactly you're aiming at when you are quoting huge chunks from my post?)
    Last edited by wkz; 04-29-2011 at 03:00 AM.
    Spam is considered to be a delicacy in parts of England. For local approximations, consider fine foods such as Beluga Caviar, truffles, or foie gras. - Actual GW website quote

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Yeah, it's not very clear, but technically you don't get Talisman saves against Nemesis force weapons. Normally, fw's are a psychic power you cast on someone you inflict a wound on, and the power inflicts instant death. Because you are targeted, your lord gets the talisman save.

NFWs, however, work a little differently on GK squads. The brotherhood of psyker rule means that the NFW power targets the GK squad, and doesn't directly do anything to the Lord, therefore he gets no save. He just gets hit with a CC attack that causes instant death.

If GW ever bothers to release an FAQ, we'll see how they handle it. I'd say the most fair way of doing it is that you take the Talisman save, and if you make it that model is immune to the ID (but not the rest of the squad, since they're getting hit by other force weapons).
    I think the squad he is with would also ignore the ID from the talisman, doesn't the WTT affect the squad he is with also?

Chapter-Master

Well, WTT doesn't have anything to do with saving ID. It just stops psychic powers. Since he isn't actually hit with a psychic power because of the brotherhood of psykers modification, WTT doesn't work.

WTT does, however, dispel entire psychic powers. So a WTT would completely stop Doom, for example.

I just think that the most fair way of doing it is letting the WTT save the lord and not the squad. That's absolutely not how the rules work, but the Lord is getting hit with a force weapon which he would normally get to use the WTT against. The rest of the squad is getting hit with different force weapons (even if the rules streamline it to be just one psychic test for the whole squad), so there's no fluffy reason why the Lords WTT would protect the other guys in his squad, just himself.

Playing it that way throws the SW player a bone without completely screwing the GK player.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

however, the counter arguments is that the grey knights chant together, guided by the justicar, activating their powers. In that case, the WTT would interrupt the concentration of the squad, causing a failure of the squad's psychic abilities.

Something to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    however, the counter arguments is that the grey knights chant together, guided by the justicar, activating their powers. In that case, the WTT would interrupt the concentration of the squad, causing a failure of the squad's psychic abilities.

Something to think about.
    Hmmm...
    How about this interpretation:
    The Gray Knights cast a psychic power as if it is a single Psyker
    Thus, the Gray Knights up-powers their Force Halbard's ID with a single spell, as a single Psyker.

And now, the million dollar question: Can the WTT stop a single Psyker using force weapons against the owner?

If yes, then the WTT can stop the GK squad... which counts as a single psyker at the point of canting to the Force Halbards.

Chapter-Master

Right, it's either all or nothing.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

Just because Space Wolves cheat, I think WTT should stop the Grey Knights.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516