BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Threaded View

Default Titan Livery / colour scheme

I am lucky enough to be gifted a wolf Class titan and was wondering if anyone knows if there is a definitive list of the legions and their colour schemes out there?
    My google fu is not that good, I pretty much came up with:
    [url]http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/List_of_Titan_Legions[/url]

I was really wondering how legions are made and composed, and if anyone has advice on the matter @(esp. painting large flat areas - my highlights are drybrushing and ink washes for shades, that tends to stop working on large pieces.)

I was considering yellow and black diagonal bands for the shoulders, maybe substituting black for another colour (Ice blue? Striking scorpion green? doing a 1mm band seperation of white or red between bands?)
    I was figuring on doing the yellow first - possibly undercoat white and using the Old Yellow Ink (with a dash of chestnut and even less varnish) but it may look like it'll be hit by a banana.

I've also been told to make the base very solid, and to drill the leg joints with 2mm pins, twice per joint all the way through as the weight'll make it sag.

Any other advice / ideas / examples of paint schemes / history / background on titans? all appreciated.

Edit: Oh, forgewold, unlike previous orders got everything in good nick (minor expected work, in fact alot less than expected), all present, and within 3 days. I expected 3 months minimum wait. Gobsmacked. Are they under new management?
    Last edited by StaysCrunchyInMilk; 07-31-2009 at 12:33 PM.