BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Adeptus Custodes

Default What do you listen to when you game?

I was wondering what kind of music you guys listen to when gaming. In my expierience in games stores there is a lot of metal ranging from thin lizzy and other seventies era stuff up to pretty hardcore modern stuff. I don't like it very much (I can enjoy the seventies stuff) but I prefer daft punk/new wave/ madchester tunes when its my turn to pick the songs

Whne I see online polls on what songs matches what army there tends to a be a lot of metal that I've never heard of-.

What do BoL's posters listen to when gaming?
    More Necromunda please.

Chaplain

We usually listen to 80s heavy metal in the background - quietly though lol. And we often watch Star Trek TNG when its not our turns.. its win. We're winning.
    Hi ho! Hi ho! Its off to Krump we go!

Chapter-Master

When at home? Ipod on shuffle. Which given the wide range of stuff on mine is dangerous :P
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

First-Captain

The store I mostly gamed at had a lot of musical score soundtracks that were heavily badass. (Conan, King Arthur, LotR, etc.) Made for a nice heavy cinematic feel.

At someone's house? Generally we don't have music playing, for whatever reason...

Librarian

I game at my friend's house. Usually, we'll have the TV on in a different room, or our non-wargaming friends will be playing a video game or whining about how boring 40k is.

Chapter-Master

While I play the Gods talk to me, this is what I listen to.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Veteran-Sergeant

I like to listen to the Insane Clown Posse, so I usually have to wear my ipod. Nothing like violence, destruction, and face paint!
    You scare me, wolf-brothers. You scare EVERYTHING.-Ahmad Ibn Rustah, skjald of Tra http://grayhartswarclown.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by scadugenga View Post
    The store I mostly gamed at had a lot of musical score soundtracks that were heavily badass. (Conan, King Arthur, LotR, etc.) Made for a nice heavy cinematic feel
    Exactly my thoughts!!! Some of my best battles were fought to the soundtracks of Conan and Starship Troopers. In fact, IG players often win more with Starship Troopers music in the background lol.

As far as players with headphones in while playing; I find that downright rude. I have refused to play several people bc they require having their headphones so loud that they need me to repeat everything I say. I understand you want to get in your 'zone' but this is a social game so enjoy the other persons company (if you can that is lol)
    For the Empire-----CHARGE!!!!!!!!!

Adeptus Custodes

I've never played someone with headphones in, it would seem rude to be 5 foot away from someone for 2+ hours and not talk to them, but if your opponents don't mind who am I to judge?
    More Necromunda please.

Veteran-Sergeant

When I paint I listen to bands like all shall perish, acacia strain, gojira and some very old school hip hop, Africa bombarta, grandmaster flash ect.
    And a bit of primus when I'm in the mood.
    Independently targeting particle beam phalanx. Vwap! Fry half a city with this puppy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast