BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gwensdad View Post
    I think I broke a poor Brit-ex pat's brain the other day explaining that there are people in America that seriously think The Bible was originally written in English and other countries have translations from "God's language".
    I know a lot of Americans that find that idea hard to believe, OTOH I have seen the "if it aint King James it aint Bible" bumper stickers.

It might help to explain that this bizarre belief is concentrated in the South Eastern US which has a large percentage of the population descended from Scottish and Irish.

Chaplain

Let's be honest, every country has something at some point in history over every other country. If we start now this will just go on and on

Chapter-Master

yeah by the way did nayone here the DE are getting released in 2 days time.....

wait they ACTUALLY GOT UPDATED?!

okay crons and DE are getting a twinned release!

--brits anti yank rant--
    --------------------------------

Dear yanks

you did (litrealy) nothing in WWII in europe

IN WWWII you won the pacific

in europe 1939-1941 britan and france's civilians were dying in the streets, innocent civilians dying, the french were occupied and britan was THE last major power in europe ( please not the most advanced wargame ever created was played in sandhurst years later to see if the german invasion would be sucsessful: the british survived)
    what were the yanks doing?
    not much.
    americas soil has never been invaded by forigen powers (barring the colonisation by britan+europe)
    yes now britan+ america is in a shambels but in WWII it was a allied victory againsed allied enemys.

were american civilians ever hurt?

p.s. curchil > eishenhower
    p.p.s conscription
    oh and GW and blizzard should pull a huge connected prank through FFG (which is used by both companies)
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

The Dark Mechanic

This was one of the best April 1 jokes ever. You can watch the film at the link I've provided:

[url]http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/april/1/newsid_2819000/2819261.stm[/url]

1957: BBC fools the nation
    The BBC has received a mixed reaction to a spoof documentary broadcast this evening about spaghetti crops in Switzerland.

The hoax Panorama programme, narrated by distinguished broadcaster Richard Dimbleby, featured a family from Ticino in Switzerland carrying out their annual spaghetti harvest.

It showed women carefully plucking strands of spaghetti from a tree and laying them in the sun to dry.

But some viewers failed to see the funny side of the broadcast and criticised the BBC for airing the item on what is supposed to be a serious factual programme.

Others, however, were so intrigued they wanted to find out where they could purchase their very own spaghetti bush.
    See my latest eBay auctions at http://shop.ebay.com/zigra/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

pfft everyone knows Al Gore invented the internet, and he's american =)

btw, my comment was tongue in cheek, much love for brits, especially the girls with the second greatest accent in the world.

Adeptus Custodes

Ah warnings suck all the fun out of April Fools day.

On the brit v yank thing-as much as it pains me in an ethnic stereotype match to have to support England who invented 40k?...
    More Necromunda please.

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by Demonus View Post
    pfft everyone knows Al Gore invented the internet, and he's american =)

btw, my comment was tongue in cheek, much love for brits, especially the girls with the second greatest accent in the world.
    Its funny you like the accent, Im a Brit and I married a Canadian and although I loved her accent at 1st, 10 years later it just sounds a bit naggy.......but that could be just her
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    Without wanting to turn this thread into the why Brits are better than Yanks. I just wanted to remind y'all that we would not even be having this conversation without the world wide web, which was invented by Tim Berners-Lee. You guessed it he is British . Oh and the bagless vacuum by Mr Dyson is ours too lol.
    Yeah, well, the www wouldn't work without the internet, which was invented by Americans during the cold war. And, yes, there is a different between the world wide web and the internet. It's kinda like a hardware/software thing.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Yeah, well, the www wouldn't work without the internet, which was invented by Americans during the cold war. And, yes, there is a different between the world wide web and the internet. It's kinda like a hardware/software thing.
    Don't forget you guys invented really really fat people too
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Chapter-Master

No, we just perfected it
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast