BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Default Pre-heresy Sons of Horus, Dark Mechanicum, Forge of Souls and more...

Hail the great bell!

Yes, I am a Meshuggah fan (picture evidence to follow later perhaps).

I start many a project so prefer to label my thread something a little more generic than '6th Company Space Goats' as they'd probably get forgotten about after 3 weeks once I conjure up my plans to field a horde of were-squigs.

I'm a big fan of everything Pre-Heresy, so that has taken much of my attention for the best part of 18 months now. I dabble in most GW games and Flames of War - I love gaming in its entirety, but GW has captured my imagination and my wallet for 20 years.

After 20 years (my brother got me involved in the hobby with Space Hulk!), I've probably experimented with every army the collective Warhammer multiverses have to offer, so I do struggle to focus on single tasks. Heck I can't even bring my introduction to a point.

Currently I am rushing to complete my army for a Pre-Heresy campaign held by the Tempus Fugitives: Sons of Horus with a Khorne daemon contingent. I've also built a PH Salamander army and am working on Dark Mechanicus and Forge of Souls forces on the side. This means I'm very focused on 40k for the forseable future!

I don't yet have 10 posts here, so I'll have to link a couple of pictures until I atone for my absence.

Please, please give me constuctive feedback and comments. I appreciate postiive words, but prefer to aspire to greater efforts with my models and paiting.

Here's a WIP conversion that is to be my Mechanicus Magus:

Robo-daemons!:

Dusk Raider prototype:

Dherkarst Dreadnought:

Last edited by Whitehorn; 09-04-2009 at 08:21 AM.
    http://www.mywargame.com/

I love that dreadnought. Had never thought of that....

Some nice stuff here. I'd like to see more of it painted.

Brother-Sergeant

I bought the Inquisitor model thinking it would be a good size for a Primarch but it turne dout to be too big! Fortunately I spotted the artwork for Dherkarst in the Collected Visions book and it's a pretty close match even before my edits.

I have some WIP pics of bloodletters, but nothing special yet:

Love it! The dread is especially nice

Very nice. Is that the warmachine machine wraith for the techmarine?

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by shags_j View Post
    Very nice. Is that the warmachine machine wraith for the techmarine?
    Aye, Cryx Iron Lich was used for the 'skirting'

Initiate

That's an excellent dark magos. Looking forward to seeing more of your conversions. I hope and pray for the day that the mechanicus and their dark bretheren officially make it to the tabletop.

that magus is awesome looking, can't wait to see it painted up

Battle-Brother

I love the dread, a very cool model.

The tech marine isn't my favorite, but it slowly grows on me as I think about Black Library's Mechanicum. I like your green stuff work, and getting the top of the model, and the backpack, must have been hard to get them all to stay on.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast