BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast
    Abbess Sanctorum

Default I'm so glad Matt Ward isn't writing Sisters

Page fifteen of the new GK codex... "The Bloodtide Returns"...

Basically Grey Knights come across a planet with a daemonsword or somesuch, which was corrupting the planet. There was a convent of Sisters whose faith was keeping them pure and untouched by the taint, and instead of asking for the Sisters' assistance the Grey Knights slaughter them all, desecrate the bodies, and then smear the blood of the Sisters all over their armor, then go about systematically destroying everything on the planet and taking the daemon sword for themselves.

Good job Matt Ward, you turned the incorruptible Grey Knights into champions of Khorne and once again used Sisters as a scratching post to kill and toss aside. You sick, demented freak who masquerades as a writer. **** you and everything you stand for.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Please tell me that's a bad April Fool's joke...

There is every possibility that it could be Matt Ward or Phil Kelly, or.....but unless Melissia you have access and seen information which I haven't....go ahead.....blow a fuse on (and for) nothing but a quote of fiction prose in a fiction book....

Abbess Sanctorum

Blow a fuse? lol. I never gave him much respect as a writer even before this.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Chaplain

Never thought I'd say this, but I'm 100% in agreement with Melissia.

The sad thing is, Ward wrote very good fluff descriptions for the units in the dex, and it's balanced very well. It's just that damn front fluff section that is... I don't even know what to call it. Abomination, maybe?

What she's talking about it actually only one of a few unreasonable pieces in there. Another that really ticked me off was that the Grey Knights are apparently so serious about keeping their chapter a secret that they killed literally billions of loyal servants and purged entire loyal worlds to stop a couple guys who were in Armageddon from telling people that they exist. What the ****, isn't that the kind of thing they have assassins for?

I'm not going to rant on this more, or I'd just make it a blog post. Hell, maybe I will. But really, do yourself a favor and just cut the first 20 pages out of your GK dex. Standalone, the rest is pretty good.
    "Nuh Uhn" is the valid counter argument to "Uhn Huh," which was the entire Affirmative case presented. -JWolf

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only reason Matt Ward isn't writing a new Sisters codex is because NO ONE is writing a new Sisters codex, correct?

Chaplain

I don't want to defend Matt Ward but I can see their reasoning.

The question, how do we have it in the fluff to have Grey Knights fight literally anyone in the 40k universe without just saying that they are corrupt....oh wait, lets make Grey Knights the biggest douches in the universe!

I don't agree with the results but I can see their reasoning. Now the Grey Knights can be the evil bad guys.

Abbess Sanctorum

Quote Originally Posted by razcalking View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only reason Matt Ward isn't writing a new Sisters codex is because NO ONE is writing a new Sisters codex, correct?
    Nope. They began working on the Sisters codex and models six months after they began working on the GK book and models.

Librarian

My plan.

Take the fluff pages from C: DH and use them to replace the pages in C: GK.
    Because This codex just totally flips Gk's from being the SM to a SM to being just another chapter with cool toys...And that isn't what Grey Knights should be.

Battle-Brother

I think it's been said before, but I don't think it's fair to make personal attacks on anybody like that. You don't have to like Mr. Ward's writing, but it isn't terribly cool to call him a "sick, demented freak" based on a piece of codex fluff.

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast