BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    Blow a fuse? lol. I never gave him much respect as a writer even before this.
    Maybe, that is your view, but on the whole, the majority felt, and I will include myself in that majority, he did an ok piece of work on the SM Codex, certainly the fluff was better than previous.

The only thing that I am still unhappy about is the "let's sit down and have a nice cup of tea and stop this fighting nonsense between ourselves and fight the gribblies" aka chat with the cron half way through a battle.......pleeeeeaaaasssseee (yes maybe with the Eldar, maybe, but the cron, no way).

I will give him respect and maybe you should too, in that he has been able to get his name in print in a sought after publication worldwide and has even got people talking about him on the interweb, and of those people vast majority will think he is an ok guy. That IMHO deserves respect.

Quote Originally Posted by razcalking View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only reason Matt Ward isn't writing a new Sisters codex is because NO ONE is writing a new Sisters codex, correct?
    Melissia is correct. There is a new SoB codex, so maybe you might want to sit down and think about it....for a moment or two.

Abbess Sanctorum

Being able to get your name in print isn't exactly a noteworthy achievement...
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

I'm with Melissia. I would also like to point out that there is a significant younger part of the audience reading these codexes. I have two sons who started playing 40K at about age 10. I am not sure that the fluff should be generating the images that Melissia described even if it wasn't misogynistic.

Adeptus Custodes

I always assumed that the little fluff pieces are written by people other than the main author, and he only writes the rules and main fluff pieces. Theres always some that are recycled from old codices.
    More Necromunda please.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by DadExtraordinaire View Post
    The only thing that I am still unhappy about is the "let's sit down and have a nice cup of tea and stop this fighting nonsense between ourselves and fight the gribblies" aka chat with the cron half way through a battle.......pleeeeeaaaasssseee
    Based on whats been revealed about the new Necron fluff, this makes perfect sense.

Matt Ward's fluff is fine, it just suffers because his writing style doesn't suit what he's trying to portray. Also, he's the best rules writer they have for 40k.

Quote Originally Posted by DadExtraordinaire View Post
    Melissia is correct. There is a new SoB codex, so maybe you might want to sit down and think about it....for a moment or two.
    Alrighty - so who's the author?

Shas'o

I haven't read the new grey knight codex, but I have heard horrible things about the fluff and if this is in there then he deserves to have his smart balls kicked into the roof of his smart mouth. Like melissia said that sounds like servants of khorne and how I understand the grey knights they would NEVER EVER IN A MILLION YEARS take a daemon weapon for themselves. They are the hardest of the hard and their devotion to the emperor second to none. I am totally on Melissia's side on this one.

@ SierraFiveOne
    Some people might take "Sick, demented freak" as a compliment, like myself.
    When you do something right people wont be sure that you've done anything at all.

Librarian

Basically Grey Knights come across a planet with a daemonsword or somesuch, which was corrupting the planet. There was a convent of Sisters whose faith was keeping them pure and untouched by the taint, and instead of asking for the Sisters' assistance the Grey Knights slaughter them all, desecrate the bodies, and then smear the blood of the Sisters all over their armor, then go about systematically destroying everything on the planet and taking the daemon sword for themselves.
    Like a father being told his son's just become a Scientologist, I am not surprised, just disappointed.

Shas'o

Quote Originally Posted by MaltonNecromancer View Post
    Like a father being told his son's just become a Scientologist, I am not surprised, just disappointed.
    DUDE! You just broke my funny bone! I'm seriously tearing up here.
    When you do something right people wont be sure that you've done anything at all.

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast