BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

This is why I've never taken 40k's fluff seriously. It's corny pulp sci-fi. It's entertaining, but there's a reason I don't read Black Library stuff.

It's kinda ironic that Ward produced by far the best actual rules, but the fluff isn't so great.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Gir View Post
    Based on whats been revealed about the new Necron fluff, this makes perfect sense.

Matt Ward's fluff is fine, it just suffers because his writing style doesn't suit what he's trying to portray. Also, he's the best rules writer they have for 40k.
    Really? What exactly has been revealed in the new Necron fluff besides what has been published in the latest 40k material? The Damnos Incident where the Ultramarines had a tea party with the C'tan? Oh right, they didn't. The impossible planet in the GK codex? The part where the Necrons slaughtered the Tau after attacking a Tyranid splinter fleet? Seriously, that bit made NO SENSE from the Necron Weltanschauung. The fluff in the BRB says that they don't care about exhaustion and get exterminated in military drills because their programming was so predictable. Seems like a contradiction to me.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by MaltonNecromancer View Post
    Like a father being told his son's just become a Scientologist, I am not surprised, just disappointed.
    Funny, I was just thinking how the fluff was as utterly ridiculous as L Ron's writing. Perhaps Mat should check his Thetan Levels.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Necron_Lord View Post
    Really? What exactly has been revealed in the new Necron fluff besides what has been published in the latest 40k material? The Damnos Incident where the Ultramarines had a tea party with the C'tan? Oh right, they didn't. The impossible planet in the GK codex? The part where the Necrons slaughtered the Tau after attacking a Tyranid splinter fleet? Seriously, that bit made NO SENSE from the Necron Weltanschauung. The fluff in the BRB says that they don't care about exhaustion and get exterminated in military drills because their programming was so predictable. Seems like a contradiction to me.
    The part where Lords acutally have personality and the ability to make decsions of there own.

And lets be honest, this is way better then the old Necron fluff, which is the worst fluff in the history of GW.

The part where Lords acutally have personality and the ability to make decsions of there own.

And lets be honest, this is way better then the old Necron fluff, which is the worst fluff in the history of GW.
    Don't forget the part were they are now stressing the fact that there use to be thousands of C'Tan, but only 4 of them survive today. Think about that. No matter how minor they were each one of thows C'Tan had there own armies and legions to some extent.

With there C'Tan dead the necrons found them selves master-less, and ambitious necron lords taking charge once they came out of hibernation.

That or they've came out of hibernation not realizing there god is dead, and continue to follow the order he gave before perishing.

The possibilities are endless for necron fluff when you start to think about it in what way.

Chaplain

I agree about the Lords having more personality, but the bit about them being ancient 'machines' hating all life and the Terminator meets Ancient Egypt aesthetic should more or less stay the same. As for lame fluff, that has to be the Tau. Anime geeks into mecha cosplay. Lame!!!

Chaplain

I'm in agreement here with Melissia, serioulsy how can anyone depict the Grey Knights who are supposed to be Champions of Champions, Holy to the soul, uncorruptable blah blah blah, go to a planet and massacre a Convent, gore themselves with blood all over their armour just to reclaim a Daemon weapon and leave no witnesses??
    It is sick, despicable, and very wrong on so many ways. You would think he could write better fluff here, why could'nt they do it on there own, not involve the Sisters then just leave...nope they went all Khorne and then say we are rightful.
    Ward should be banned from writting fluff.
    "Heretics crave the cleansing fire of absolution. They need not fear, for we shall deliver"

Librarian

They should get Dan Abbnet or someone in BL to write the fluff and have ward and them just write the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by SierraFiveOne View Post
    I think it's been said before, but I don't think it's fair to make personal attacks on anybody like that. You don't have to like Mr. Ward's writing, but it isn't terribly cool to call him a "sick, demented freak" based on a piece of codex fluff.
    You're right. It's wrong to call someone a "sick, demented freak" just because he wrote something sick and demented.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Necron_Lord View Post
    I agree about the Lords having more personality, but the bit about them being ancient 'machines' hating all life and the Terminator meets Ancient Egypt aesthetic should more or less stay the same. As for lame fluff, that has to be the Tau. Anime geeks into mecha cosplay. Lame!!!
    Tau fluff is actually pretty solid and unique, you're just complaining about the themes of the the army.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast