BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Librarian

Default AdMech List Possibilities...

So, new GK codex, and Gun Servitors are ludicrously cheap, and you can have 12 Heavy Bolters in a squad for slightly more than one and a half squads of IG.

Who else sees the possibility for what can only be described as a staggering amount of heavy firepower? Especially if it's attatched to Coteaz if He's Been Expecting You...

My AdMech proxies suddenly have a viable (if not entirely sane) list!

Still have to wait for an official ruling about if those henchmen squads count towards the 2 troops minimum.

Otherwise....Oh yes. Suck it devastator squads.

Gah, 12 plasmas firing at once....
    I'm thinking it'd probably turn out more like Daleks playing Quiddich. "It is the Potter!! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! " (someone I know on twitter)

Librarian

Or 12 multimeltas!

Completely insane. I'm just trying to work out how to keep them alive. Coteaz stops Deep Striking horror, and the sheer volume of firepower would be enough to give most things pause (especially if you took three full 12 man Servitor squads, 24 with Heavy Bolters (72 S5 shots!), 12 with Multimeltas - I can't think of much that would come near that.) Inquisitor with Null Rod seems a pretty good way of keeping them safe. ("JotWW you Njal? Sorry, don't think so."), but you need some kind of hideous counter assault threat.

Paladins with an Apothcary and Falchions?
    Last edited by MaltonNecromancer; 04-01-2011 at 06:45 PM.

or just 10 weapons and 2 monkeys.

+12" range to those Multimeltas. Yes please.
    I'm thinking it'd probably turn out more like Daleks playing Quiddich. "It is the Potter!! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! " (someone I know on twitter)

Librarian

Hadn't thought of that. Make some awesome techprist conversion to replace the monkeys and job's good 'un...

Make a couple of Dreadknights into counts as praetorian servitors and or Knights. That'd have some counter charge punch. Or a unit of arcoflaggelants as Electropriests?

Quote Originally Posted by MaltonNecromancer View Post
    Or 12 multimeltas!

Completely insane. I'm just trying to work out how to keep them alive. Coteaz stops Deep Striking horror, and the sheer volume of firepower would be enough to give most things pause (especially if you took three full 12 man Servitor squads, 24 with Heavy Bolters (72 S5 shots!), 12 with Multimeltas - I can't think of much that would come near that.) Inquisitor with Null Rod seems a pretty good way of keeping them safe. ("JotWW you Njal? Sorry, don't think so."), but you need some kind of hideous counter assault threat.

Hideous counter assault threat? How about 10 Combat Servitors (Str 8) with Jokaero to see if you can grab a couple of invuln saves led by Valeria, or a nameless inquisitor.

Or for hilarity, 3 Crusaders, 3 Powerfist / Stormshield Warriors, and 6 combat servitors.
    We are heavy metal pirates! / We sail across the skies! / In our battleships of cosmic steel / we're terror up on high! - Alestorm

First-Captain

why not just some Deathcult to give some support?
    For the Greater good.

Quote Originally Posted by MaltonNecromancer View Post
    Or 12 multimeltas!

Sorry to poor cold water on it slightly, but only 3 servitors per squad can take a heavy weapon and you need an inquisitor in there to avoid mindlock. Still, you can get 3 heavy bolters, 8 warrior acolytes with storm bolters and a jokaero in there for very little points (the vanilla inquistors are hardly expensive as well).

Some sort of archeotech stand-in for the jokaero would work perfectly, an ordo xeno inquistor with conversion beamer and power armour as the magos and possibly even some adeptus biologicus test subjects using the daemonhost rules.

Quote Originally Posted by gwensdad View Post
    or just 10 weapons and 2 monkeys.

+12" range to those Multimeltas. Yes please.
    actually the monkeys can have multi meltas as well

Dave l

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast