BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    Yes. You have no idea what you're talking about.

The start up for resin is higher, but the ongoing costs are far less.

So again, you don't know what you're talking about.

Enjoy your higher Brazilian prices.
    1- If the ongoing cost is far less, then what is the point of the rise? are they going to lower the prices once the set up cost is absorbed? i think we can both guess the answer on that last one.

2- Errr... I would enjoy my higher Brazilian prices, the only little problem would be that i am not Brazilian, i know that GW fanboys are not usually into detail, but you might want to check it though.

3- If you find it so offensive people bashing on the overpriced giant of the north, you can skip these posts and dedicate yourself solelly to those whichs main topic is how cheap and fordable this product is.
    Last edited by xxvaderxx; 05-16-2011 at 07:30 PM.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by xxvaderxx View Post
    1- If the ongoing cost is far less, then what is the point of the rise? are they going to lower the prices once the set up cost is absorbed? i think we can both guess the answer on that last one.
    Because they can.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Rose Widow View Post
    Actually take this from someone who did research on the topic, but lead is by no means minor. Even the smallest amount of lead can cause major issues with your cognitive ability, among other things. And no lead doesn't filter out of your system on its own, there is a reason keylation is necessary to remove it from your system if you have lead poisoning.
    For someone who supposedly researched the topic you did a wonderful job of spelling Chelation. High school chem/biology doesn't count mate. Do biological inorganic chemistry and then join in. Lead is only dangerous if it can pass the blood/brain barrier and it usually needs to be bound to organic Ligand for that to happen. Not saying its not bad but there are far worse things. Oh and yes your body does remove both Pb and Hg from your system. Watch out for dimethyl Hg though, that will kill you in a year
    Last edited by daboarder; 05-16-2011 at 07:32 PM.

Chapter-Master

3- If you find it so offensive people bashing on the overpriced giant of the north, you can skip these posts and dedicate yourself solelly to those whichs main topic is how cheap and fordable this product is.
    Do you need your miniatures to house yourself?

Do you need your miniatures to feed yourself?

Do you need your miniatures to power your car to get to work?

Did you answer yes to any of those? Didn't think so.

Therefore, miniatures aren't integral to your life and/or survival. If they're too expensive for you now, don't buy them. I never said it was a cheap product, and afford-ability is relative per individual.

People that complain about the costs of luxury products are perfectly entitled to vote with their wallets. In that same regard, those of us that think the product is worth the money will continue to vote with ours.

As for GW: they're entitled to charge what people will pay. Further, their prices aren't that out of line with the industry standards. Do you also begrudge Nike and Adidas for charging $100 bucks for shoes? How about Polo for charging $65 for a shirt?

Do you need your miniatures to house yourself?

Do you need your miniatures to feed yourself?

Do you need your miniatures to power your car to get to work?

Did you answer yes to any of those? Didn't think so.

Therefore, miniatures aren't integral to your life and/or survival. If they're too expensive for you now, don't buy them. I never said it was a cheap product, and afford-ability is relative per individual.

People that complain about the costs of luxury products are perfectly entitled to vote with their wallets. In that same regard, those of us that think the product is worth the money will continue to vote with ours.

As for GW: they're entitled to charge what people will pay. Further, their prices aren't that out of line with the industry standards. Do you also begrudge Nike and Adidas for charging $100 bucks for shoes? How about Polo for charging $65 for a shirt?
    Should i take this as you cant mumber 3?.

Fly Lord

Showed up in the BoLS email box...

GW Finecast Poster
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GWFinecast.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	171.5 KB 
ID:	1165  
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Chapter-Master

Should i take this as you cant mumber 3?.
    Absolutely not, because you refuse to accept or address any cogent argument that disagrees with your uninformed opinion.

Chapter-Master

I can, Fair trade and consumer protection laws exist in our country for a reason. To stop large corporations using their muscle to both prevent small business distributing to customers (maelstrom in this case) and protect costumer from being charged unreasonable prices for goods (the Australian public). GW has violated these laws with this action.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    I can, Fair trade and consumer protection laws exist in our country for a reason. To stop large corporations using their muscle to both prevent small business distributing to customers (maelstrom in this case) and protect costumer from being charged unreasonable prices for goods (the Australian public). GW has violated these laws with this action.
    You do realize this is akin to yelling "Freedom of Speech," right? Unless you know specifics and can cite particulars, this comment means absolutely nothing.

Chapter-Master

You do realize this is akin to yelling "Freedom of Speech," right? Unless you know specifics and can cite particulars, this comment means absolutely nothing.
    That would be nice, of course Australia doesn't have a bill of rights so shouting "right to free speech" accomplishes an extra special nothing over here.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast