Brother-Sergeant

Default Blood Bowl PC Game!

So
    1. Who is going to get it?
    2. Any thoughts on the rules?
    3. Opinions on game play?

Scout

I've got it and I love it.

I'm a long time Blood Bowl player and I've been waiting on something like this for awhile. Like every new game, there a few bugs/glitches/inconsistencies but the staff at Cyanide have already released at least 6 patches for the game so far. So atleast they are committed to making the game better.

I think for some people, the price tag ($50) may seem a tad bit excessive given that the game lacks polish, but for fans of the game, it's easily overlooked.

The rules are about 99.9% accurate for Living Rule Book 5, so anyone familiar with the game will catch on rather quickly. It's just a matter of adjusting the camera views and getting the controls down properly. Also, the game doesn't have every playable race yet. Which just makes for a good business model for them so they can release add-ons later down the road.

I don't believe there is a demo available yet which is a shame because I think a lot of people would like to give it a try and see how it stacks up but I would encourage anyone out there that's thinking about it to go ahead and download it.

If there's enough interest in these forums we should set up a BoLS private league or something. Anyone up for that?

I'm going to be picking it up next paycheck in two weeks and from what I've played on the demo I found it is really worth it!

Scout

Ah so there is a demo? I hadn't bothered to check. Is the demo for the PC game? If so, where did you find it?
    Last edited by Sulfurious; 07-31-2009 at 01:35 PM.

Initiate

At some point, when I find some dinero, I'd love to get my hands on it as well. Won't be soon, but its on my to-buy list.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Sulfurious View Post
    Ah so there is a demo? I hadn't bothered to check. Is the demo for the PC game? If so, where did you find it?
    I believe he was referring to the Beta which is now closed.

Although I could be wrong.

Scout

Good to hear the game plays well - Am I right in thinking that there will be a PSP version released soon?

Jim

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Good to hear the game plays well - Am I right in thinking that there will be a PSP version released soon?

Jim
    You are correct. It'll be out on the PC, Xbox 360, DS, and PSP.

Brother-Sergeant

As soon as it comes out for 360, I say we get a full on Live league going.

Blood Bowl is the game that I love to hate. I have never been more frustrated and exultant for a win/loss of any game I have ever played. I love it, and the single biggest game nemesis that I have ever had, the block die.

I want to see if anyone wants to get some games in in the Killeen/Austin area, or start a league. I get back from Iraq in Feb, and I have 5 teams.

-Eric

Brother-Sergeant

Thanks for the feedback.. Is it Multi player or not? It looks like a cool lan game.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast