BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Brother-Sergeant

Plawolf- I thought that my self too! At 600pts or less skirmishes captains have always shined for me. I'll have to hit eBay up and snag some bitz to make a Libby similar to this figure. I be thought of trimming the strm bolter off and adding a SS or pistol for a Vanguard vet Srg.

Brother-Sergeant

Well I took Plawolfs advice and made him Codicer Cyrus. He even has the cliff notes of librarian powers on his storm bolter lol I just wish I would of had the psychic hood from the GK kit at the time of assembly. I paint to a table top standard so please no golden demon judges and I just need to transfer him over to a custom base I ordered that's not here yet...

Chapter-Master

If I respectfully may critique, I feel you may need to remove a little more flash - can see it on top of storm bolter even after painting.

That said it is a lovely neat paint job better than my shaky hands could do so...
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Brother-Sergeant

I blame my tools or lack there of! I get that a lot at my LGS. "how can you hobby without a hobby knife" truth is I need to take more time and care I tend to lean towards the get it done and play with it other than the fact it is more than a game piece it's also a model kit.

Iron Father

Looking good James, I too have had a couple of kit bashes and came up with these Librarians, neither obviously finished :P

http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Brother-Sergeant

There both awesome i like the top one with the halberd the most!

Chapter-Master

After my death co. conversions that I am working on (I take necron breast plate and make them the death co. breast plate), I will be working on a big project: Box of grey knights, sanguinary guard, and death co. to make: 10 Sternguard and 10 Vanguard Veterans. probably add in some bits from some other kits.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Brotherjames View Post
    Hi here is a captain I made thinking they could take a glaive (sadly they can't) and a storm bolter I thought I knew my codex better but it makes an awesome figure I think

Parts
    Sanguinary guard head & torso
    DC running legs
    GK big A$$ Nem Swrd/strm bolter
    Capt backpack
    CC shoulder pads
    I have yet to understand WHY THE #@()%(#%)*)#@ GW DIDN'T ALLOW BA CAPTAINS TO TAKE THE GLAIVE ENCARMINE. Vanguard Sgts can take them! The Vanguard Vet Sgt in Space Marines can take a Relic Blade, and so can the captain!

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12