BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by HsojVvad View Post
    I am going off Page 7, under The Return, "So it was that a Chapter that had entered the Warp compsed of a mere eight Space Marines and hundreds upon hundreds of untrained recruits, emerged with a full complement of one thousand fully trained Battle-Brothers.

At this time the mighty Space Marine Legions were in the process of being separated into Chapters according to the precepts of the Codex Astartes."

While I only read a bit more fluff after that, so I don't know if this has changed or not. This is where I am getting that GK are only 1000 SM strong.

Thanks, great to know there are people who will.
    8 Chapter masters and hundreds and hundreds of untrained recruits - How long were they in the warp? It does not mention, it could have been 1,000s of years.

You would either have to assume that he meant thousands and thousands of untrained recruits, and forgot to correct it, or they allowed for the fact that the serfs and population transferred to the Moon of Titan to assist in the process were actually breeding and their off spring who were deemed worthy enough for the testing, would then be selected as recruits. A third option is that they cloned the successful neophytes and created new recruits to start the process over again.

I do not think we are suppose to believe that they used some advance form of magic sorcery to create new recruits from thin air. Cloning can not be relied on or used too much as inherent mutations/gene coding errors are created over time if the process is continually used. This would then create more head-aches for those trying to keep the process running smoothly. So cloning could be a short term method used to (fill the order - 1000 Space Marines - CHECK, 1000 suits of armour - CHECK - - - ).
    The world is Chaotic, so why not join the party. Slaanesh welcomes you with open arms. Certa Cito

It doesn't say how long they were in the Warp for, but when the came back from the warp, they came back as 1000 GK SM and I don't recall in any other part of the fluff so far from what I have read, they this ever increased. So they stayed at 1000 GK SM then.
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by HsojVvad View Post
    It doesn't say how long they were in the Warp for, but when the came back from the warp, they came back as 1000 GK SM and I don't recall in any other part of the fluff so far from what I have read, they this ever increased. So they stayed at 1000 GK SM then.
    Either way, they went in with 8 spacemarines and several hundred recruits, and after unspecified time they came out of warp space with 1000 Grey Knight Space Marines and 8 companies for the Chapter 666 (Slaanesh's number).

I think I will hold off on my Dark Adeptus Mechanicus Army and build the Sensei/Word Bearer army using Grey Knight's codex.
    The world is Chaotic, so why not join the party. Slaanesh welcomes you with open arms. Certa Cito

Quote Originally Posted by Daemonette666 View Post
    I think I will hold off on my Dark Adeptus Mechanicus Army and build the Sensei/Word Bearer army using Grey Knight's codex.
    This sounds fascinating. A world bearer army with sensei champions? Pray tell more.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing View Post
    This sounds fascinating. A world bearer army with sensei champions? Pray tell more.
    Wishing - It is all on page 3 of this thread - the 6th post from the top.

Veteran-Sergeant

There are 8 brotherhoods with each a 100 GK! So the GK are only 800 strong! They dont have succesor chapters because they were founded right after the fall of Horus. And i dont think that they would allow "fallen" GK to live, they are trying to keep themself a secret remember, they even kill billions to keep that secret, so why spare renegade GK?

Chapter-Master

No, that's not counting Paladins or Purifiers (so another couple hundred there), or secondary staff like Librarians or Techmarines.

And it's completely 100% clear that there has never, ever, ever been a single Knight that fell to Chaos. That's one of the cornerstones of the GK fluff.
    Last edited by DarkLink; 04-12-2011 at 10:49 PM.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    No, that's not counting Paladins or Purifiers (so another couple hundred there), or secondary staff like Librarians or Techmarines.

And it's completely 100% clear that there has never, ever, ever been a single Knight that fell to Chaos. That's one of the cornerstones of the GK fluff.
    That is why the storyline I worked out for the Sensei/Word Bearer army, and the other storyline for the Alpha Legion in disguise as Grey Knights are such variable ways to play the Grey Knight codex using Chaos Models.

They are both not Grey Knights, and thus GWs fluff about Grey Knights never falling to Chaos stays intact.

Chapter-Master

Exactly. Though for WYSIWYG purposes you ought to model stuff with combi-bolters and a CCW, which would take some converting from the basic Chaos guys.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Brother-Captain

Well, the Imperium says that no GKs have ever fallen to Chaos - but the Imperium also says that the best way for guardsmen to fight Orks is to hug them, Tau tech is inferior to Imperial tech, and Necrons fall over in a light breeze.

Considering the fluff in the new codex, I wouldn't even bat an eye at a Chaos GK army. As far as I'm concerned, there have probably been a lot of fallen GKs/radical GKs but it's been covered up. Not to mention that a large percentage of GK players will probably have elements of radical inquisitors or xenos in their armies.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast