BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Best Grey Knight HQ

Who do you think is the best grey knight HQ?

Chaplain

'Best' is a highly ambiguous term. Do you mean the one with the coolest rules, the one which looks coolest, the one that is the most value for his/her points cost? Or maybe the one who's background you like, who has the coolest name, who is the highest rank, has the best stats?
    For what it's worth, I'm running a Librarian and Brotherhood Champion.
    You think running with scissors is dangerous? Try sky diving with them!

Im wanting to know the best HQ for points, im thinking i really like crowe because he makes purifiers troops. but overall im thinking i will run him with a librarian, what will probably happen for me in a 1750 is 2 razorbacks with a shooty bit of purifiers and a full LR with crowe and a some termies/purifiers in a storm raven with the librarian

Librarian

Grand Master is my pick

Brother-Sergeant

The GM and the Libby are stand outs, Coteaz has some real possibility. The rest are fluffy or just not worth it. IMHO

the single best has to be draigo.
    he'll prolly smash any other HQ into the ground in 1v1 melee.

best fighting power per points is the inquisitor with deamon-weapon. he's insanely cheap and rolling half decent will net you a formidable fighter.

libby and grandmaster on the other hand offer very good utility to the whole army (something you'll need more than melee power in a list of force-weapon wielding monsters...).

My favorite is Mordrak. The whole thing with the Ghost Knights is like the plot of some fantasy sci-fi movie about revenge playing out on the table top. Awesome.

I wouldn't say best, but the ones I like are Coteaz, Karamazov, GM, Champion and Librarian. The Champion is great as an extra HQ, specially in games at lower points. Coteaz enables a whole new kind of army. Karamazov Has a great aura, and his rules are very interesting.

Fluff-wise, I still got love for Stern - ok, so his rule means your game is gonna be compromised by re-rolls, but I love that there is a Changer of Ways ever trying to bring about his demise so he can consume his soul. It must make Grey Knight banquets a bit frosty;

"Look, Stern, me and the lads have been talking...maybe you should stay home for the next purification."
    "What? Why?"
    "Well, we've noticed that...look, it seems every time you have a close shave with the Great Enemy, they seem to redouble their efforts and then someone always bites it. Brother Tobias..."
    "...I knew you'd be like this! It's not my fault, okay? How would you like a Changer of Ways stalking you across the galaxy, huh? Do you think I wanted this?".....etc etc etc
    *aside to other GK "It's gonna be a looong night..."

Chapter-Master

all of them seem to be quite good IHMO! GM for the expensiove:i can do anythin! option
    bro-captin/ champ for the KILL KILL kill option
    mordak for the 'im like a awsome tombspyder but i make termies!' option
    libby for awsomeness
    dragio for the badass grampa option

personaly i love mordak! he looks cool, but cortez is needed for that all important :
    100pts charecter that makes GK have cannon fodder!
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast