BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Scout

Default Shooting question

Hello,

I don't know if this has been asked before but imagine the following situation:

3 squads are firing at a transport vehicule, with a squad inside. The first squad destroyes the transport vehicule and obliges the transported squad to disembark. Now, are the two remaining squad who were firing at the vehicule allowed to fire at the passengers? The only thing I found in the BRB only concerned the squad that destroyed the vehicule , which wasn't allowed to fire at the passengers.

If this was already a thread please tell me where to find it.

cheers

You handle each squad in sequence and resolve each squad fully before moving on to the next. So, it works out like this:

Squad one nominates the transport as a target
    resolve squad one's shots against the transport

Move on to squad two
    pick a target for squad two (they can fire at the transport if it's there, or something else, or the squad if the transport has been destroyed and the squad is visible)
    resolve squad two's shots

Move on to squad three
    pick a target for squad three (they, too, can fire at the transport if it's there, or something else, or the squad if the transport has been destroyed and the squad is visible)
    resolves squad three's shots

If Squad one destroyed the transport, squad two can't fire at the transport--the transport isn't there by the time squad two gets a chance to fire at it.

If squad one destroyed the transport, squad two and squad three can opt to fire at the disembarked unit, provided they can see it.

At no point, though, do you say, "all three of these units are shooting at the transport."

Instead, you say, "this unit is firing at the transport," then resolve that unit's shots, then move on to the next unit.

Scout

Don't you need to declare all your targets before you begin to resolve the shooting?

Nope. You do one unit at a time. Pick one of your units, pick a target, resolve shots. Pick another one of your units, pick a target, resolve shots. Repeat until you've shot with all your units that are going to shoot.

The rulebook is pretty clear on this--read the section on shooting again.

You have to declare all your targets before you begin in the assault phase, not the shooting phase. Shooting is sequential, assaulting is not.

Scout

So in the situation I gave ,it would be no problem that one squad fires at the transport vehicule and the second squad ( suggesting range ,etc.are ok) would fire at the squad should the transport vehicule been destroyed and the embarked squad been forced to disembark. Nice, my opponent will be glad when I tell him this

Cheers